Who recently posted about their Scot Oiler Install?

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a picture of my Tutoro installation. I am not thrilled with the cosmetics but it is working. I am still in the process of fine tuning the flow rate.

TutoroAutoOiler.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

• 3 months later...

Just back from a 6000 mile trip and the Tutoro worked well and saved me the hassle of chain lubrication in motel parking lots. Temperatures ranged from 50 to 105 F so I did have to check the flow and adjust several times.  In 6080 miles I used 7/8th of a full resorvoir.

• Thumbsup 1

Hi. 

I have a question about  chainoiler. Im thinking of order a tutoro oiler and why do the nozzle have to be at the rear sprocket , cant it be just  behind the front sprocket cover so the oil will drip on the chain . This Way it will be almost invisible . 

14 minutes ago, Yaman said:

Hi. 

I have a question about  chainoiler. Im thinking of order a tutoro oiler and why do the nozzle have to be at the rear sprocket , cant it be just  behind the front sprocket cover so the oil will drip on the chain . This Way it will be almost invisible . 

Download the instalation manual, it gives a detailed explanation of how the oiler works. 

https://www.tutorochainoiler.com/en-us/pages/tutoro-auto-workshop-manual

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, Yaman said:

Hi. 

Good question but I don't think SO!

It'll make a mess up there

EDITED 

17 hours ago, Yaman said:

Hi. 

There is a guy doing an RTW ride on a Honda CRF450L.  He set up his oiler to feed at the front sprocket.  Tidy looking setup.  You can find his ride report in the "Epic Rides" section of ADVRider.

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

• Premium Member

Please see my edited post I forgot the important word in my short response

I don't think so

I have a Scott oiler on my VTR. And I think the V system may be interesting but I have the old one as I've had it for probably 20 years. It drips a little because the needle and seat are worn from vibration.  Nothing more than a paper towel under the discharge will take care of.

I just think it'll make a mess and be difficult keep and is not as efficient because less surface area will be covered by a revolution because it's faster than the rear.

Also, dirt bikes are basically hosed down after every ride. So any muck up there You can clean out and keep on top of.

I like having the oil nozzle on the rear sprocket. It makes it easier to monitor the flow rate. I also think it works better to transfer the oil to the chain as 2and3 says.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

dirt bikes are basically hosed down after every ride.

The guy is doing an RTW ride.  Don't think his bike is getting hosed down that often.

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Heavy said:

The guy is doing an RTW ride.  Don't think his bike is getting hosed down that often.

Please reread my post

I was talking about build up at the countershaft sprocket being cleaned out on a dirt bike regularly.