• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 49 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Which brand front head lift stand ?

howie333

I've tried stands from Amazon w/ no luck. On other bikes I've had to use a board and jig it up and in to make it work, but no luck w/ the 17 FJ-09. I sold the stand from Amazon , and am looking @ the Pitbull hybrid dual lift. $$. The Woodcraft is slightly cheaper. Which way to go ? 

TNX...

• Supporting Member

This might be outside of your budget, but the value is THERE

• Like 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

I have good luck with Pit Bull.  I use their front stand which has a pin that fits into the hole at the base of the lower fork brace.  Have to put it on the Pit Bull rear stand first.  Good products.  Had mine for 20 years and they work well.  Very solidly built.

Be sure to get the correct size pin for your bike if you buy the Pit Bull.

Edited by johnmark101
  • Thumbsup 1

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

1 hour ago, duckie said:

I had to to make two sets of two 2x6 boards screwed together, one on top of the other. They are long enough that the whole stand is on the boards when in use. 

for these prices; you'd think these lifts would fit correctly. it must be the fact adventure style bike w/ the longer forks add to this problem; but these lifts should be adjustable, if not; why not just buy a lift from Amazon if have to fabricate height to make work ?

1 hour ago, howie333 said:

for these prices; you'd think these lifts would fit correctly. it must be the fact adventure style bike w/ the longer forks add to this problem; but these lifts should be adjustable, if not; why not just buy a lift from Amazon if have to fabricate height to make work ?

Well, the boards makes it adjustable. This stand is also used on my other motorcycles. So the boards prevented having to buy one specfic for the Tracer.

Sometimes you just have to figure out ways to make things work. 

• Thumbsup 1

54 minutes ago, duckie said:

Well, the boards makes it adjustable. This stand is also used on my other motorcycles. So the boards prevented having to buy one specfic for the Tracer.

Sometimes you just have to figure out ways to make things work. 

Well, I might just buy the best lift Amazon has to offer; and if it doesn't work ; I can return it. Either way, I'll call PitBull Monday to discuss. 

I would go with the Pit Bull.  Several years ago I had a Woodcraft and while nicely made it was a bit of a hassle to use on my CBR.  Close clearance to front fender and the pin was a tight fit so hard to remove.  When you really need it, it is very nice but the rest of the time it keeps dust off the floor.  

3 hours ago, PhotoAl said:

I would go with the Pit Bull.  Several years ago I had a Woodcraft and while nicely made it was a bit of a hassle to use on my CBR.  Close clearance to front fender and the pin was a tight fit so hard to remove.  When you really need it, it is very nice but the rest of the time it keeps dust off the floor.  

I'd go w/ the pitbull if I don't need to add boards to lift forks forks high enough to clear wheels on my FJ-09 or any other long forked bike sa. any adventure style bike.

The Pit Bull products are very versatile and will last for decades as well.  I also have a Kawasaki and the front stand works perfectly for both bikes by just swapping the pins.

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.