Performance gains? Delkevic full system

Hello

Let me  begin with: I am not interested in changing the system for noise/ sound.

I would like to know if there are any Delkevic owners who can attest to the performance gain with using their full system? What gain did you see?

The ebay site states an 8 hp Dyno chart gain with out re- mapping- that is very unlikely for a number of reasons.

Any experience users here?

thanks

• Thumbsup 1

You'll gain more from the weight lost vs the OEM than any dyno is going to prove. You'll probably see more performance donating a kidney or skipping breakfast before your ride.

• Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member

Weight loss is the same as adding power!

(but cheaper / free)

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

Very glad to be part of a forum that tells it like it is, even if the truth is a “harsh” one. So many I’ve been a part of tell takes of 10% plus power increases, the bike cured their infertility, never had to ride in the rain again and the sun shines just a little brighter after a pipe change, lol!!! 

OP, you’ll see pretty much no power increases from the pipe alone, as stated the weight loss will be your change. And even that is minor. 

It is difficult at best to extract any more power from this motor.  Even a good ECU flash gives minor gains with a full exhaust.  For me, it has plenty of power for anything you would want to do on public roads.  I had my ECU flashed to get smoother throttle response.  

The best place to spend your money on this bike is suspension upgrades which will pay dividends with every ride.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

There is this thing called the horsepower curve. Max HP happens at high rpms.

So depending where you are in the rpm range determines hp being used.

If you are spending most your riding in lower rpm range, you are not gonna notice much of a hp gain.

I prefer a nice quiet exhaust which makes just riding around less annoying to me and others.

• Thumbsup 2