Thinking of getting a Tracer 900GT

Mrtwisty

Something I neglected to mention in my previous post in this thread is heat.  All motorcycles make heat, some cook the rider and some do not.  I found my Tracer 900 GT to be a very cool bike.  Well if it was 95F it was going to be warm but the bike didn't add to with with engine or radiator heat coming back on the rider.  I've had bikes that did and it is not fun to be riding in 90+F temperatures at interstate speeds and feel like there is a hair dryer on high pointed at parts of your body!  On the Tracer 900 GT my feet didn't get hot from the engine either.  Now if it was 95F and I was stuck in stop and go traffic it would be toasty and when the radiator cooling fan kicked on I was going to feel it, I can live with that because when the traffic opens up I'll be able to cool off in the breeze.  Ive ridden in up to 106F and that for hours while wearing full gear including an airbag vest.  Had to drink lots of fluids and was hot but the bike didn't add to it.

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

You're gear set sounds like mine.

The HD guys at Kwik Trip laughed at me today.  Dipsticks!

I don't mind being sweaty cuz I shower before I ride and know as soon as I get moving it'll feel great, like AC!  I actually love the heat within reason; and hate our cold here.

I drink vast quantities of fluids daily, even more so when I'm in the heat; which is often.

You don't see Bedouins riding their camals in swim trunks and tank tops. Though they do wear cheap sunglasses and flip-flops too.  Now based on near first hand experience, they don't always smell like roses but using water for bathing is often not an option.  The do seem to like Old Spice! 

On my ride yesterday, I saw 109 on the air temp gauage. When I got home, there was some people over to watch some football. Got the question “Dont you get hot” again. 
They seemed baffled when I told them I dont. I could not find a way to explain it to them. 
I was wearing all my gear…..helmet, jacket, pants, gloves. I wear layers under my jacket…..a t shirt, a long sleeve cotton shirt. I will say that the shirts get soaked with sweat, but that is what keeps me cool.

109 makes for some really good traction however.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, duckie said:

On my ride yesterday, I saw 109 on the air temp gauage. When I got home, there was some people over to watch some football. Got the question “Dont you get hot” again. 
They seemed baffled when I told them I dont. I could not find a way to explain it to them. 
I was wearing all my gear…..helmet, jacket, pants, gloves. I wear layers under my jacket…..a t shirt, a long sleeve cotton shirt. I will say that the shirts get soaked with sweat, but that is what keeps me cool.

109 makes for some really good traction however.

Except for the tar snakes!

On 8/14/2023 at 3:45 AM, PhotoAl said:

Something I neglected to mention in my previous post in this thread is heat.  All motorcycles make heat, some cook the rider and some do not.  I found my Tracer 900 GT to be a very cool bike.  Well if it was 95F it was going to be warm but the bike didn't add to with with engine or radiator heat coming back on the rider.  I've had bikes that did and it is not fun to be riding in 90+F temperatures at interstate speeds and feel like there is a hair dryer on high pointed at parts of your body!  On the Tracer 900 GT my feet didn't get hot from the engine either.  Now if it was 95F and I was stuck in stop and go traffic it would be toasty and when the radiator cooling fan kicked on I was going to feel it, I can live with that because when the traffic opens up I'll be able to cool off in the breeze.  Ive ridden in up to 106F and that for hours while wearing full gear including an airbag vest.  Had to drink lots of fluids and was hot but the bike didn't add to it.

Don’t ever ride a Hayabusa. Not a gen 1 anyway. They will cook your balls like nobody’s business. Worth it, though!

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, Mrtwisty said:

So I slapped a reservation deposit on this thing today, going for a look tomorrow, probably gonna buy it! https://photobucket.com/u/mrtwisty76/a/9590da25-d747-4f1a-9388-0c14dd3dcac9/p/0d67b538-149f-4102-9b3e-b3840d4c9f75

Good luck with that what's the price

I'm sure you'll like it

Thinking of(no I'm definitely getting) a Tracer 9GT, current ride does nothing for me. Heavy and under powered and loses tons of power in the heat(air cooled). I'll get crushed on the trade but I'm ready to have something fun to ride without the political stigma

• Thumbsup 1

Seems like I'm swimming the opposite direction here.

Had a 2016 FJ09 for a couple years now... but this 2016 R1200GS caught my eye. Plus I've wanted to have a bit more flexibility for the dirt...

(FJ for sale if anyone is looking. Located in Los Angeles.)

image.thumb.jpeg.07059e30d40ebca1fdd0266f4ce0c47e.jpeg

46 minutes ago, JP3RKS said:

Seems like I'm swimming the opposite direction here.

Had a 2016 FJ09 for a couple years now... but this 2016 R1200GS caught my eye. Plus I've wanted to have a bit more flexibility for the dirt...

(FJ for sale if anyone is looking. Located in Los Angeles.)

image.thumb.jpeg.07059e30d40ebca1fdd0266f4ce0c47e.jpeg

So it. Awesome bikes, just absolutely brilliant, you won’t regret it. 

Well, I’ve pulled the trigger. Even better finance than I’d dated hope, £70 pcm, which seems ridiculous, but there you go. Just go to to wait for it to go through the workshop/MOT now. I am quite excited. 

• Thumbsup 1