MRA Sport screen experience

I just wanted to provide some feedback regarding my MRA Sport windscreen.

I recently replaced the stock windscreen for the shorter, sportier MRA Sport to get better wind flow during the summer heat and also help with the buffeting you get from the stock screen.  After putting about 100 miles on the bike with the new screen I have to say I am pretty well satisfied with the results.  With the MRA in the low position you get full airflow and NO buffeting.  The Tracer feels more like a naked bike or naked bike with a flyscreen.  With the MRA in the high position you get less airflow, more protection, and maybe slight buffeting.  Your experience will depend on your height, speed, and riding condition.  If you are on the fence about the MRA Sport and you are looking for more air flow and no or less buffeting then give it a try.  I think you will like it.  I purchased thru TwistedThrottle and they are great to work with.  I will post some pics of the new screen on my Tracer 9 GT soon.  Let me know if you have questions or input.

• Thumbsup 4

• Premium Member

Been running one with a small wing off and on for years. Sometimes if I'm going on a long trip I'll throw a taller ErMax on if I feel I will need more protection. 

20230907_202613.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• 1 month later...
On 9/7/2023 at 8:29 PM, fddriver2 said:

Been running one with a small wing off and on for years. Sometimes if I'm going on a long trip I'll throw a taller ErMax on if I feel I will need more protection. 

20230907_202613.jpg

How is the ErMax with buffeting?  I am 6'1" and looking for a better touring screen.

I will second the question of, "how is the ErMax with buffeting."

I went on a long ride yesterday with a group of riders.  Rode about 280 miles. Great weather.  Great ride.  However, I put my stock screen back on because it was chilly yesterday morning.  The stock screen buffeted my helmet all day and by the time I got back I had a terrible headache.  I should have left the MRA Sport screen on.

I need to find a solution for cold weather riding.  I am considering the MRA Touring Vario screen but at over $200 I want to make sure it will eliminate or greatly reduce the buffeting before buying.  Anyone with the MRA Touring Vario please give your input.  I am 5'8" and at lower speeds the stock screen in the upper position does not buffet very much, but when your speeds increase to 65 and 70 mph and up it gets bad enough to really be a PITA.

Maybe the answer is using the smaller screen year around but the stock screen really does a good job of keeping the cold air off during colder riding.

All input appreciated.

My MRA sport is awesome all year long here in Ohio, rode yesterday in temps of about 50F and was very comfortable with zero buffeting. Wind hits me right about middle of my helmet visor, so I would imagine the touring screen would offer even more smooth protection for chilly rides. :) 

Try one of those add-on windshield spoilers.  I'm 5'10" and ran the stock screen with a spoiler all the time.  Worked well, for me.

You can pick one up cheap on ebay or cheaper on Aliexpress. 

• Thumbsup 1

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

Love the Transalp, although weather has been crap so I've only ridden it about 300 miles.

Look way down at the bottom of the forums list.  There's a thread about other bikes. I've blabbed about it there ... if you want more info. 

• Thumbsup 1

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

• Premium Member
On 10/29/2023 at 9:15 AM, bwtracer9gt said:

How is the ErMax with buffeting?  I am 6'1" and looking for a better touring screen.

I'm 6' 1" also. Long legs 34" inseam and a short torso.  It does work pretty well. While I don't spend a lot of time on the Interstates. I like riding smaller secondary roads. The ErMax has been my go to for years.

2687347.jpg

2687925.jpg

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA