I need a step by step on fairing removal to gain access to the ECU on Tracer 9 GT

tgas

This is in response to lather's post............

Wow, I feel the same way!!  My bike runs fantastic except when taking off from a stop at low rpm's.  The fueling is actually one of the best i have ever had.  I don't understand when people complain about a jerky throttle.  It is not jerky even in sport mode.  But you have to feather the throttle when leaving from a stop or else it will stall on you.

Edited by tgas
  • Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, tgas said:

Why do the japanese make things so hard?

I am always impressed how the engineers can fit everything inside the frame rails and how they can get the panels to fit in a layered fashion.  It can be sort of a puzzle the first time you have to remove and reinstall them.

Learn the process so you can routinely maintain the air filter, even though the service schedule recommends checking every 24,000 miles (correct me if I have that mileage wrong) I service mine about every 5,000 miles on both bikes and they ALWAYS need cleaning at that mileage.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, plisboa said:

Here is the service manual, available link for 90 days:

https://sendgb.com/JFsElAj5rRg

Greetings!

When i click the link it takes me to https://www.sendgb.com/upload/

I don't see how to download the manual. 

Do I need to create some type of account?

Thanks

Edited by tgas

Having the factory service manual in your shop is very handy.  I bought one for every bike I have owned.  Considering what shops charge for labor it will pay for itself very quickly.  You can order it from your local dealer.

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

• 2 months later...

Has anybody seen the service manual for the GT+??

I suppose most of the mechanical things will be similar to the 2022 GT, but it would always good to have the updated wiring harness diagram.

Salty

On 10/13/2023 at 10:24 AM, lather said:

My bike has been at dealer 2 weeks waiting for parts.

I bought a pDF manual here

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/186084627127?hash=item2b538212b7:g:bmkAAOSwzYNj1uU1

I also bought the paper manual from Yamaha but it is difficult to use since the table of contens sucks and you cannot search.

I agree.  The Yamaha shop manual is not nearly as easy to navigate as the ones I have owned from Honda and Kawasaki.  I find the Kawasaki manuals to be very well sorted.

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.