2023 Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello

piotrek

• Supporting Member

Stumbled upon this contraption while out and about yesterday. Have seen the bike mentioned on here before, and saw photos, but this was the first time seeing it in the flesh. Typically quirky Guzzi design... kinda cool and weird at the same time. Fit and finish looked/felt premium. Not the most appealing ST bike out there if you're looking for value, but certainly unique. Specs aren't bad... new engine, liquid cooled at last. The S model (pictured) has a semi-active Ohlins suspension front and rear. The bike felt a bit top heavy... seat felt very firm. Elegant looking machine... not inexpensive.

Thought I'd drop a couple of photos on here...

20231006_131720.thumb.jpg.78c5a792693b165dbd7d2410a766b08b.jpg

20231006_131408.thumb.jpg.0fe96765b98b592100553aa14ec806ff.jpg

...and a link to a review by Motorcyclist Magazine.

https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/reviews/moto-guzzi-v100-mandello-s-review-2023/

One member on here (@TennesseeSmith) was awaiting delivery of his own V100... has some photos of it now in a link posted... here. Would be nice to hear riding and ownership impressions.

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Supporting Member
On 10/7/2023 at 10:30 PM, texscottyd said:

This one really has caught my eye…  seems like a no-excuses sport tourer, but still with the Guzzi personality.

As much as I like the quirky (okay... sexy) look and premium finishes, I think the brand has a crutch... that v-twin engine. The fact that they relentlessly stick to this design regardless of application... I dunno. 🤔

I was super jealous of the shaft drive though... 🙂

• Thumbsup 2

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

Great looking bike.  According to other articles I have seen, it's a bit underpowered for the class of 1000cc sport touring bikes.  That exhaust would get smashed if you should have a tip over.

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.