3rd Gear Noise

Anyone notice that 3rd gear (especially over 4K) is louder than the other gears? Sounds like the sowing machine is louder with a slightly higher pitched noise in 3rd. I don't notice it in any other gears. I have 1500 miles on the bike so far. It has had it's first maintenance and the recall work done. I also notice that when accelerating hard from a start that it is difficult to shift into 3rd from 2nd sometimes.
Thoughts?

Anyone notice that 3rd gear (especially over 4K) is louder than the other gears? Sounds like the sowing machine is louder with a slightly higher pitched noise in 3rd. I don't notice it in any other gears. I have 1500 miles on the bike so far. It has had it's first maintenance and the recall work done. I also notice that when accelerating hard from a start that it is difficult to shift into 3rd from 2nd sometimes. Thoughts?

My clutch has more noise after the recall then it did before I had it done. Grrrr

Anyone notice that 3rd gear (especially over 4K) is louder than the other gears? Sounds like the sowing machine is louder with a slightly higher pitched noise in 3rd. I don't notice it in any other gears. I have 1500 miles on the bike so far. It has had it's first maintenance and the recall work done. I also notice that when accelerating hard from a start that it is difficult to shift into 3rd from 2nd sometimes. Thoughts?

My clutch has more noise after the recall then it did before I had it done. Grrrr
Mine too. It's developed a bit of a rattle. I notice it in Neutral when the clutch is out - disappears when I pull the lever in. Also, it's got a bit of a judder in low revs in 1st when pulling away. I'm going to take it back to get it looked at I think. 

Mine (clutch) is develpping a vibration at the friction point while going after a stop in first gear since the recall .I dont like it .

Mine did that from new and stopped after recall.
Dealer said clutch plates needed soaking in oil due to sticking together.
Clutch judder is the term used.

Mine too. It's developed a bit of a rattle. I notice it in Neutral when the clutch is out - disappears when I pull the lever in. Also, it's got a bit of a judder in low revs in 1st when pulling away. I'm going to take it back to get it looked at I think. 

If you take it back let us know what they find out. Mine does the exact same thing as yours.

Mine (clutch) is develpping a vibration at the friction point while going after a stop in first gear since the recall .I dont like it .
Mine did that from new and stopped after recall.
Dealer said clutch plates needed soaking in oil due to sticking together.
Clutch judder is the term used.
Returned to the dealer this morning mec soaked all plates in oil :problem still there. 

My FZ-09 does the same thing. All FZ-09's make that noise in third and I would imagine that all FJ's will make that noise too. I have tried loosening chain slack, same noise.

When new, the bike also made a similar sound in 6th gear. So, it must just have to do with gear alignment in 3rd and 6th? I can think of no other explanation.

Mine whines loud in sixth gear. I opt to shift into fifth many times in order to get rid of the whining. Seems to go away as I approach 70. I suspect it's just wind noise drowning out the gear noise at that speed though.

Mine whines loud in sixth gear. I opt to shift into fifth many times in order to get rid of the whining. Seems to go away as I approach 70. I suspect it's just wind noise drowning out the gear noise at that speed though.
Admittedly, I do the same. I don't put it in 6th much unless i'm on the freeway  65+mph.  I only have 5 gears on my other bike, so I kinda view 6th as a touring overdrive. It does seem to be getting quieter the more miles I get on it, or i'm getting used to it.

Ty

'05 Bandit 1200s ( Blue and White ) Bandit pic

2015 FJ-09 ( RED ) FJ-09 pic

Archived