Photos with bag mounts w/o bags

Guest spackler

Guest spackler
Anyone have photos of the side of the bike with all the bag mounting hardware attached, but without bags mounted?

Thanks

Guest eatpasta
It's not too bad, not as clean as the lower mount on an FJR. Better than a lot of other bag mounts we've seen.
so it looks like the stock FJR bags fit on this thing.....anyone actually try it yet? 

I was about to order the side cases, and ended up finding a Yamaha Canada promo where I get soft bags for free because I bought early. Not as nice as the hard ones, but can't argue with free! I don't plan on doing a ton of touring, so I'm sure they'll suit me just fine (plus they expand to give more capacity than the hard cases anyway). The way they mount looks fairly slick and the mounts look even less intrusive than the hard case mounts. Once I get them, I'll take pics (Yamaha rep said they may be a couple weeks).

I was about to order the side cases, and ended up finding a Yamaha Canada promo where I get soft bags for free because I bought early. Not as nice as the hard ones, but can't argue with free! I don't plan on doing a ton of touring, so I'm sure they'll suit me just fine (plus they expand to give more capacity than the hard cases anyway). The way they mount looks fairly slick and the mounts look even less intrusive than the hard case mounts. Once I get them, I'll take pics (Yamaha rep said they may be a couple weeks).
Nice incentive! Haven't heard of that promotion offered in the U.S.

Looking forward to see pics once you get them installed.

Eatpasta, would think most buyers of an FJR will want the hard bags, but you may get lucky.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Sidebag Brackets w/ sidebags and without and no foot pegs as this is how I will do it. mmOlPZt.jpg?1

Number 1, how did your bike get so dirty so fast? Number 2, send me your address and I will package up and send you a sponge and some soap. Number 3, I think once you add that lower donkey kicking bracket to the FJ, the bags need to stay on. That thing looks hideous. Maybe it is just the picture?

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Archived