Xena Disc Locks

zeroxysm

Hello,

I'm on the 2nd day of having my FJ-09 and holy god do I love it.

Before, I had a 2014 CBR500R which used the Xena XX-6 alarm, do any of you happen to know what size I would need for the FJ-09?

The XX-6 seems to fit on there but it feels a bit looser than it did on my CBR.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks cruizin!

I tried checking on Xena's website and they don't list the FJ-09, was going to call Revzilla and ask them since that's where I bought the lock from but apparently they're phones are down for maintenance right now and I can't figure out how to get to their live chat.

• Premium Member
I have the Xena XR1 which fits fine - I stick it inside a glove and pop it in my top box for use outside my office. The alarm is very loud.

http://www.xenasecurity.com/disc-lock-alarms/ states it is no longer available. I'm pretty sure any of the locks on that page will fit as the disks have plenty of space.

If I was looking to replace my XR1 I would probably get the XX10 - 2 reasons: firstly the XX10/14/15 are more robust so more of a deterrent which earnt them a Sold Secure Gold certificate. Secondly, this SS Gold certification means the device is recognised by UK insurers as a security device. When added to the Yamaha YISS immobiliser fitted to the bike in Europe as standard, this can mean a decent reduction in premium as you tick the "good security" box.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Check the diameter of the holes in your brake disc.
Interesting, I'd never heard of Xena before this.
I just replaced a Kryptonite with an Abus disc brake lock after seeing how easily the cylindrical Krypronite lock is thwarted with a ballpoint pen.
Abus make either 5mm or 10mm bolts for brake discs.

• Premium Member
Hello, 
I'm on the 2nd day of having my FJ-09 and holy god do I love it.

Before, I had a 2014 CBR500R which used the Xena XX-6 alarm, do any of you happen to know what size I would need for the FJ-09?

The XX-6 seems to fit on there but it feels a bit looser than it did on my CBR.

Thanks for the help.
I've bought the Xena XX6-SS and it works just fine. Nice LOUD alarm built in. I mount it on the rear disc at the 6 o'clock position. No need for a "Remove Before Flight" tag on the handlebar as the disc lock starts chirping with any "modest" movement of the bike. Fits nicely under the seat. 
31JjiJmUwGL.jpg
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

I've bought the Xena XX6-SS and it works just fine. Nice LOUD alarm built in. I mount it on the rear disc at the 6 o'clock position. No need for a "Remove Before Flight" tag on the handlebar as the disc lock starts chirping with any "modest" movement of the bike. Fits nicely under the seat. 
31JjiJmUwGL.jpg

That's the exact one I already have and it's been seeming to work fine on the FJ-09 so far so I'm gonna stick with it, thanks! 

• 10 months later...
  • Premium Member
Does anyone know if the bigger siblings fit? (XX-10, XX-14, XX-15). I found a forum post on another forum saying the XX-10 fits the front of an FZ-09 but not the back... wondering if it's the same for the FJ-09 then.
pretty sure it will be - there's plenty of room at the front for the bigger disk locks but the rear is very tight. 
I use an older model that is similar in size to the XX14 on the front of my bike. I prefer the location on the front as it is more visible to potential thieves so will put them off plus you are not going to be messing about near the chain when fitting the lock.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Archived