New owner in Berkeley

Picked up my red FJ-09 at Berkeley Honda/Yamaha on Friday night.  Saturday's break in ride was over to Marin out Lucas Valley Road up Hwy 1 to Marshall-Petaluma road for an afternoon of riding in the country.  Sunday's ride was Old Mine Road south out of Livermore, ending up at the Mt. Hamilton observatory.  Another beautiful ride, with some tight twisties coming down Mt. Hamilton, much of the ride was in 2nd and 3d gear.  Loving the bike so far, comfortable ergonomics and smooth.  Still riding mostly in B mode trying to get familiar with the bike, haven't been on one in almost 2 years since selling my Bandit 1200S.  First priority after these experiences is to somehow make the seat  more comfortable,  starts feeling pretty hard around the 100 mile mark.  Will try padded bicycle underwear followed by Airhawk seat pad.

Welcome! I picked up my FJ from the same dealership. Did you happen to snap any pics from either ride? I'm local to Livermore and love heading up Mines Rd, getting lunch at the junction and going onwards to San Jose. I gotta say you are brave for going to Mt. Hamilton after being off a bike for 2 years!

Archived