Front wheel removal

keithu

• Premium Member
When the front wheel is removed, does the FJ-09 balance on the centerstand and rear wheel? I'm trying to decide if I'll need to get a front end stand when it's time to change the front tire.

• Premium Member
IIRC on my old Ninja 500, I think I used a plastic storage tub. I don't remember the height, but the front end is not carrying too much weight.

Does your bike already need a front tire?!

• 3 weeks later...
With the bike on the centerstand you can use a jack on the front of the engine to tilt the bike back onto the rear tire. Don't lift the bike with the jack, it's only to stabilize it on the rear wheel. This is good for tire changes, checking and adjusting the neck bearings, and working on the forks.

• Premium Member
If you have a top box fill it with something heavy and then just use whatever is handy under the engine or forks. Traditionally a beer or milk crate is used over here in the UK. With the demise of reusable milk or beer bottles it is increasingly difficult to acquire such a thing. A cardboard tray with shrink wrap just does not do it.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Archived