Top Case Availability

I ordered some parts to mount a Yamaha Top Case on my Tracer 9GT+. A few weeks after I ordered I was informed the Yamaha 39L Top Case was no longer available however I did receive the mount and rekeyable lock.

What other cases will fit this mount?

case mount.jpg

Sadly, none that I know of. You can try to get the 50L one

I wanted to get the 39L case but none were available for my 2021 T9GT back then.  So I ordered a Shad SH45 and mounting hardware. Since then I added a Shad SH45, both fit on the same rack. 

Got my OEM rack and 39L case from Revzilla for Xmas, where did you order from? If they sell the mount, surely they must sell both the 39/50L cases?

I purchased at the other "Zilla" partszilla and only found out the case was not available after they shipped the rest of my order. I'll just have to return the mount since Revzilla doesn't show the Yamaha 39L case just a Shad.

• Supporting Member

Does the oem 39L case have a Yamaha part number?  If so, type it into Google and see if any other resellers, or even ebay might have one in stock.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

21 hours ago, motochick said:

I purchased at the other "Zilla" partszilla and only found out the case was not available after they shipped the rest of my order. I'll just have to return the mount since Revzilla doesn't show the Yamaha 39L case just a Shad.

Revzilla just looks to be out of stock, and the exact Yamaha case I ordered and received. 

Also.....the case is the same part# for the FJ-09 to the Tracer GT's, it is the rack differences in which how it mounts to the bike. 

Edited by Ride365

• Supporting Member

I just had an order for a 50L top case refunded by Yamaha Sports Plaza because - although the site said they had them in stock - no stock.  :(  So, you may want to check with them first before ordering.

Cycle Parts Nation, Yamaha Sports Plaza, and Babbit's Online all seem to have the same menu system and available stock - they must share stock or otherwise be affiliated with each other.

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

15 hours ago, knyte said:

I just had an order for a 50L top case refunded by Yamaha Sports Plaza because - although the site said they had them in stock - no stock.  :(  So, you may want to check with them first before ordering.

Cycle Parts Nation, Yamaha Sports Plaza, and Babbit's Online all seem to have the same menu system and available stock - they must share stock or otherwise be affiliated with each other.

I placed an order for 39L from Cyclepartsnation and they charged my card. Let's see how this goes 🤔

• Thumbsup 3

I just installed the 34l using that exact mount. 2022 9 gt. 
got it from Partzilla. 
Had to order the red panels from Ireland. Only black panels available in the US. 
The 34l looks more aerodynamic, and doesn’t block rear view vision. Has quick detach. Big enough for full faced helmet plus. With the saddlebags, the total is plenty of luggage. 

IMG_9232.jpeg

IMG_9264.jpeg

IMG_9268.jpeg

IMG_9410.png

• Thumbsup 5

2 hours ago, someguy said:

@T9 Jeffrey can you share with us the part number you used on Partzilla, for the benefit of @motochick and others in the USA?

It looks like I quoted the Euro/UK/Asia/Oceania part numbers, and these don't work in the USA websites.

BBW-F840E-01-00 TOP CASE34L (Yamaha) $156.83

color panels sold separately