• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Top Case Availability

On 2/10/2024 at 10:27 AM, motochick said:

I placed an order for 39L from Cyclepartsnation and they charged my card. Let's see how this goes 🤔

UPDATE from the order I placed on the 10th.

No communication from Cyclepartsnation since they charged my card $260. I reached out to them only to be told the case has been discontinued and I would be refunded the money.

Not a Big Fan of CyclePartsNation and how they do business 😠

• Sad 4

• Supporting Member

It seems a lot of companies are happy to hold your money for as long as they can, and often don't let you know parts are out of stock till you contact them. I've been through the same scenario a few times. It is really frustrating.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, Heli ATP said:

It is really frustrating.

Yep.  Why list it if they don't sell it.

Sigh

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Supporting Member
On 2/10/2024 at 10:33 AM, knyte said:

I just had an order for a 50L top case refunded by Yamaha Sports Plaza because - although the site said they had them in stock - no stock.  :(  So, you may want to check with them first before ordering.

Cycle Parts Nation, Yamaha Sports Plaza, and Babbit's Online all seem to have the same menu system and available stock - they must share stock or otherwise be affiliated with each other.

I think you were right on target when you posted that @knyte!

• Thumbsup 1

No top cases or racks were available in the USA when I purchased my 2021 T9 so I ended up buying a SHAD 45 and rack for the T9.  Got it right away.  Since then I purchased a SH34 top case and the SHAD click lock 9L tank bag.

I was browsing at the dealer last Monday and they have a 2024 T9GT+ on the floor.  Well I just had to throw a leg over it and found that it comes with the comfort seat as stock.  Hmmm, it feels good and supportive of the sit bones.  So I asked if I could order one for my 2021, however, no comfort seat is listed in the USA.  On a hunch we checked the accessory list for the 2024 and the seat is available in the USA so I bought one.  It's mounting is identical to all T9s.☺️

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

Update:

I really liked the look and build quality of the Yamaha Top Case Rack even though it appears to be a PITA to install.

I got a deal on a SHAD 39 case so I was on way to DIY'ing the SHAD plastic universal mount on the Yamaha rack. I would check ebay one last time for any Yamaha 39L top case in the USA, and I found one, new...pulled the trigger.. 🤞

Let's hope this one arrives so I can have the setup I intended for a secure Top Case.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 2

On my year GT, the install was taking off the seat and removing 2 easily accessible bolts, and then replacing with included longer bolts. So what's different on the new model to make it a PITA?

On 8/20/2022 at 7:24 PM, kiseliok said:

About 2h at a leisurely pace (not spare part left), and another hour for the re-key. Instructions are crap and some of the panel removals aren't intuitive. Silver body pieces slide forward when removed - not simple clip-ons. Paneer hanger bolts were a b*tch and had to be aligned properly when re-installed - I used a #5 allen key to keep it in place.

image.thumb.jpeg.1921dd6c0fc882039b6b629b4b0789f3.jpeg

For future reference, and I’m not sure this is still the case, but the Yamaha boxes are actually made by Shad. They’re just re-badged as Yamaha. And pricing is usually the same with no uplift applied by Yamaha.  So,  if there’s a shortage of Yamaha boxes in the US, you can be sure the Shad will fit. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Paddy01 said:

For future reference, and I’m not sure this is still the case, but the Yamaha boxes are actually made by Shad. They’re just re-badged as Yamaha. And pricing is usually the same with no uplift applied by Yamaha.  So,  if there’s a shortage of Yamaha boxes in the US, you can be sure the Shad will fit. 

I have the Shad 39L and it does not fit the Yamaha Rack pictured at the top of this post.

Correct, the mounting is different for the SHAD and Yamaha racks.  BTW, even within the SHAD product line there are differences in the way the top cases are mounted.

I suppose you can dril the Yamaha rack to bolt on the SHAD mounting plate or rig something up.l

• Premium Member

For Shad, even between sizes, the racks are different.  It can be confusing which rack fits which box.  My SH46 rack works with the SH29 box but you must check interchangeability.  No idea if the Yami boxes even fit the Shad racks but you'd think they would!!!

• Thumbsup 1

15 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

For Shad, even between sizes, the racks are different.  It can be confusing which rack fits which box.  My SH46 rack works with the SH29 box but you must check interchangeability.  No idea if the Yami boxes even fit the Shad racks but you'd think they would!!!

Yes, I have both the SHAD SH45 and SH34.  The SH34 fits the SHAD SH45 base but the SH45 does not fit on the SH34 base.  The SH34 base is smaller.

I'm considering the GIVI 47 L top case for my 2020 Tracer 900GT I just purchased with 1400 miles on it. I have not decided if the optional light kit is worth the cost.  Any thoughts on why this is a bad Idea? I have selected the aluminum mounting plate.  I have a smaller top case on my FJ09, it has saddle bags also. I could use a little more room for solo overnight trips. All thought comments and suggestions are welcome. 

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/yamaha-rear-rack-top-case-mount-tracer-900-gt-2019?sku_id=1598815

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/givi-v47-monokey-topcase

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/givi-monolock-monokey-top-case-plates?sku_id=1644607

I prefer not to buy from China, but was looking at these.

Rear Rack

Edited by foxtrot722

1970 DT-250 / 1972 250MX / 1973 360MX / 1974 250MX & 1974 CZ 400 Red Frame & SC 500 / 1978 YZ 250 / 1979  YZ250 / (2) 1980 YZ 250 / 1986 YZ 490 / 1989 YZ250 WR / 1994 YZ 250 / (2) 2002 YZ 426 / 2007 YZ 450 / 2007 DR 650, 2015 FJ 09 / 2020 YZ 250