Mirror adjustment

bguth33

I can not get the mirrors adjusted. 
I can not see behind me bur I can see to the sides. I have to lean a little to the right to see behind me. My coat is in the mirror also. I pushed the mirrors out and it did not fix it. 
Is this the way the mirrors are? 
Thanks for answers. 

6 hours ago, bguth33 said:

I can not get the mirrors adjusted. 
I can not see behind me bur I can see to the sides. I have to lean a little to the right to see behind me. My coat is in the mirror also. I pushed the mirrors out and it did not fix it. 
Is this the way the mirrors are? 
Thanks for answers. 

This is an irritation to me as well. I always have to tuck in to get a better view. Maybe some day I will mount different mirrors or extenders. But then you have to make sure at full lock they play well with whatever windshield you have mounted. 

Try moving the stems for the mirrors to a position that is perpendicular to the centerline of the bike.  This will put the mirrors as far outward from the bike as possible.  Then adjust the mirrors where they attach to the stems to get the best view behind you. 

If this fails to be satisfactory then consider mirror extenders or some other modification. 

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.