• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Daryl,

Was he Dutch and white...

BTW, It was the battery not the relay. After I charged the old man over night it fired right up.

Question is will it hold enough of a charge for me to ride it until the new power cell gets here.

I can bring along I guess my Lithium Jump pack but...

I know what you're trying to imply Bret with your opening reply, but let's not overthink it and paint all Dutchman with the same white brush eh 🤔

While your bike fired right up I still wouldn't discount the relay, especially since you mentioned arcing noises emanating from it.  My bike would behave just like that too.  Wouldn't crank, then would normally for a week or two, then wouldn't, relay making strange noises so just maybe.....??  Just sayin.

Having said that, I guess at 8 years old the "old man" has had a good innings anyway.

Anyway, enough hijacking of the thread.  The skipper still hasn't got the reply to his original question!

• Thumbsup 2

All good guys, all good. Glad your bike started after charging 2and3, and good advice too there Daz. 
the crickets on here from anyone running WP is exactly what I expected. Might ping the Facebook groups too. 
-Skip

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

I know what you're trying to imply Bret with your opening reply, but let's not overthink it and paint all Dutchman with the same white brush eh 🤔

While your bike fired right up I still wouldn't discount the relay, especially since you mentioned arcing noises emanating from it.  My bike would behave just like that too.  Wouldn't crank, then would normally for a week or two, then wouldn't, relay making strange noises so just maybe.....??  Just sayin.

Having said that, I guess at 8 years old the "old man" has had a good innings anyway.

Anyway, enough hijacking of the thread.  The skipper still hasn't got the reply to his original question!

As Brian had said about his battery he replaced it just because it was so old and didn't want to be let down out on the road. 

So I'm going to get a new battery a new Yuasa and see how that flies. 

As far as WP goes I really wasn't implying that they were white power extremists it was really just a joke 

As always thanks for your input!

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
29 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

As Brian had said about his battery he replaced it just because it was so old and didn't want to be let down out on the road.

Around the 8 year mark is about as far as I am willing to press my luck with batteries. 

As far as I know my 2017 VFR is still on its original battery, still works perfectly but will get replaced next season unless it fails before then.  Hopefully your new replacement battery will be the fix and you wont need to look any further as suggested by @dazzler24

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

5 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Snip

As far as WP goes I really wasn't implying that they were white power extremists it was really just a joke 

As always thanks for your input!

All good, 2and3. I don’t take offense at much. 
well, keyboard warriors. I take offense at those idiots. 
-S

• Thumbsup 1