• Supporting Member

Hey @skipperT... I'd change that threat title to something else, like "Anyone using WP Suspension?"... or some such. It's not really a poll. 🙂

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Premium Member
On 4/12/2024 at 8:59 AM, skipperT said:

Hey all, please chime in with any info:

Have ANY of you 900 Tracer/GT/FJ/MT folks upgraded your suspension with WP parts; shock or fork internals? Or know of anyone?

TIA,

Skip

I have taken my bike to a motorcycle suspension shop to have mine adjusted, but I didn't replace any of the parts or fork internals. It did improve the ride significantly, and I'm sure if I had  replaced parts it would be even better. But, cost was an issue and in the end, I'm very happy with the performance after the changes. 

• Supporting Member

I think the skipper is asking about this particular brand of suspension products if I'm not mistaken.

I must admit that I'd never heard of them until this post.  After a bit more research the products are sold at one of the more respected suspension shops here in my neck of the woods so that might indicate their quality? 

Apologies to those who are in the know if these are a well known brand and I'm just showing my ignorance in the sphere of suspension products.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, piotrek said:

Hey @skipperT... I'd change that threat title to something else, like "Anyone using WP Suspension?"... or some such. It's not really a poll. 🙂

True Piotrek, that is a good idea. I figured it might draw everyone in to read and comment on it? But I guess people might get turned off by “Poll” in the title lol. Oh well too late now. Cheers

skip

Edited by skipperT

17 hours ago, DavidS said:

I have taken my bike to a motorcycle suspension shop to have mine adjusted, but I didn't replace any of the parts or fork internals. It did improve the ride significantly, and I'm sure if I had  replaced parts it would be even better. But, cost was an issue and in the end, I'm very happy with the performance after the changes. 

glad to hear that, David. I’d recommend that anyone should be willing to adjust suspension settings - just write down where they are, so you have a reference point to return to if you make changes you don’t like. 
-Skip

11 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

I think the skipper is asking about this particular brand of suspension products if I'm not mistaken.

I must admit that I'd never heard of them until this post.  After a bit more research the products are sold at one of the more respected suspension shops here in my neck of the woods so that might indicate their quality? 

Apologies to those who are in the know if these are a well known brand and I'm just showing my ignorance in the sphere of suspension products.

Those are the ones. Cheers for the posting the link here. 
-Skip

• Thumbsup 1

1 hour ago, Ride365 said:

WP is the choice of KTM, my buddy has a great suspension on his 790 adventure. 

Yep, along with GasGas and Husqvarna. Husq typically gets the more premium lines of the WP product depending on the price point of the bike.
-Skip

• Thumbsup 1

Posted (edited)

I recently became aware that WP offers product that fits our bikes and had never heard of anyone using it, hence my question.
Over the years since the FJ/FZ came out is seems most of us here tend to go with Ohlins, KTech, Penske, Racetech, Andreanni, Nitron etc. Because these are available from suppliers and generally written-up and recommended here probably. 

Having an inner debate on whether to try them out as I may be able to get a good price. 

Curious that the shock doesn’t appear when you select our bikes from the drop-downs on the WP website…. Huh. 

-Skip

Edited by skipperT
  • Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
12 hours ago, skipperT said:

Curious that the shock doesn’t appear when you select our bikes from the drop-downs on the WP website…. Huh. 

-Skip

Not sure what you mean skip but I found mine for the 2015 model albeit for MT-09?  There are later models that get a mention though - Tracer900 etc.

You may have got caught like I did initially and didn't select the street option first?

image.thumb.png.fef07b74d3378db8858bea4de85fa7cb.png

12 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

Not sure what you mean skip but I found mine for the 2015 model albeit for MT-09?  There are later models that get a mention though - Tracer900 etc.

You may have got caught like I did initially and didn't select the street option first?

image.thumb.png.fef07b74d3378db8858bea4de85fa7cb.png

Thanks, I did see that @dazzler24 but the shock option isn’t recommended by the website. But it is recommended according to an internal document from a couple years ago.

front = Apex pro 6500 cartridges

rear = Apex pro 6746 shock

-S

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
15 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I believe WP was a Dutch company and originally named White Power (yeh, did PC win out?), and was bought by KTM, whose taken off and run with it.

From what I read, the founder's name was Wim Peters (WP) and the springs were white because they were painted at a establishment that made./painted hospital beds which of course used white paint and the distinctive white coloured suspension gained the "handle" of white power.

• Premium Member

Daryl,

Was he Dutch and white...

BTW, It was the battery not the relay. After I charged the old man over night it fired right up.

Question is will it hold enough of a charge for me to ride it until the new power cell gets here.

I can bring along I guess my Lithium Jump pack but...