my Madstad windscreen experience

alejandro

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I love mine. I have over 20,000 mi on it and it still looks and acts like new. It seriously solved the turbulence and noise problem and made an otherwise good bike into an excellent LD ride.
I have inclosed two pictures of the installation on my bike, along with the KTM hand guards that complete the weather protection package that was seriously lacking in the stock setup.IMG_0256.jpgIMG_0258.jpg

nnam...

Sorry for the late response. It has the M cutout that sort of mirrors the "Transformer" front profile. As mentioned, it works very well indeed, and solves the uncomfortable wind rush from the bottom of the stock screen.

I so use the KTM hand guards that take up much less room than the not effective stock units, and allows the wider, deeper profile of the Madstad screen.

Hi MarKo,

No, I have not noticed any turbulence from them... The combination of the Madstad and the hand guards is so much better than the stock set up that I amy be excusing the bit you mention. The angle and height adjustment of the windshield may be at issue here as well, and there is some leeway in the position of the guards up and down to try. And of course, we are different sized people with likely different riding position which may be at issue in this sort of thing.
Huck

Hi MarKo,

No, I have not noticed any turbulence from them... The combination of the Madstad and the hand guards is so much better than the stock set up that I amy be excusing the bit you mention. The angle and height adjustment of the windshield may be at issue here as well, and there is some leeway in the position of the guards up and down to try. And of course, we are different sized people with likely different riding position which may be at issue in this sort of thing.
Huck

Read more: http://fj-09.org/thread/2137/madstad-windscreen-experience?page=3#ixzz4Mm0rlfg8

Hello Huck and thank you for your experience about the handguards.
I agree about the point they protect fingers from wind very well and much better than original !. Meaby I just need to adjust the angel of the ktm handguards. the madstad 22" works very well for me too. I'm 6.1 34 inseam. 9+ celcius here now and I need to put back those ktm handguards again ! Drive safe / Marko

Archived