Hi Everyone! I'm Grandpajoe

grandpajoe

• Premium Member
I should have an FJ-09 right now. I put a deposit down on one and then broke 4 ribs, arm and clavicle when a texting lady in a minivan decided to change lanes without looking. She got ticketed, I went to the ER. Still healing up and decided to wait until spring. 

So, Im biding my time thru you guys until then.

I'm retired but help my son with his business part time. I have been riding for 40 years and for me, the FJ-09 fit the bill as a lowcost, lightweight and semi sporty touring/do it all bike. 

I joined this site after a few weeks of reading. 

I also am going premium membership right off the bat because someone obviously puts alot of time and care into this forum and with my experience helping my son with his website, I know that a website like this with so much going on is probably pretty darn expensive.

Great job to whoever built this forum, btw. One of the best put together forums I have ever seen.  I especially like the html slideshow on the home page. 

So, I'll be the guy posting that doesn't have an FJ-09 yet, but I really like your articles and pictures. I rode a fz-09 in July. the sales kid was ticked because I took it for a 30 mile test ride.

Fun bike and I'm in love with that triple engine. It sure does love 80 mph, doesn't it? But that FZ suspension was so rough. I picked the front end up and when the wheel came down BAM! That actually hurt my hands. 

Thanks again for building such a great community, whoever you are and I'm buying a premium membership now. I got my $50 worth just reading the past two weeks. I might not have an FJ-09 yet but I'm no cheapskate! 

wow

I don't know what to say except for thank you. For the compliments and also for going Premium right away. You have no Idea how much this helps. The forum is free, for everyone except for me. lol But it sounds like you know that.

Honestly, I don't have an FJ-09 either. Yep. I had an FZ-09 but got freaked out when my close friend died recently and he was the 7th person that I knew who died on a bike who was close to me. Then weeks later a lady almost took me out. she hit my elbow and I still don't know how I ket on the bike and why my elbow isn't in pieces.

I traded my FZ-09 in for a new KTM Dirtbike and am trail only for a while. I'll probably be back on the street next spring, not sure yet.

So, you are more than welcome on the forum, and with your riding experience we welcome your posts.

I'm making your officially premium for life now. Thanks again for the props and welcome the FJ-09 forum!

• Premium Member
I should have an FJ-09 right now. I put a deposit down on one and then broke 4 ribs, arm and clavicle when a texting lady in a minivan decided to change lanes without looking. She got ticketed, I went to the ER. Still healing up and decided to wait until spring.  
So, Im biding my time thru you guys until then.

I'm retired but help my son with his business part time. I have been riding for 40 years and for me, the FJ-09 fit the bill as a lowcost, lightweight and semi sporty touring/do it all bike. 

I joined this site after a few weeks of reading. 

I also am going premium membership right off the bat because someone obviously puts alot of time and care into this forum and with my experience helping my son with his website, I know that a website like this with so much going on is probably pretty darn expensive.

Great job to whoever built this forum, btw. One of the best put together forums I have ever seen.  I especially like the html slideshow on the home page. 

So, I'll be the guy posting that doesn't have an FJ-09 yet, but I really like your articles and pictures. I rode a fz-09 in July. the sales kid was ticked because I took it for a 30 mile test ride.

Fun bike and I'm in love with that triple engine. It sure does love 80 mph, doesn't it? But that FZ suspension was so rough. I picked the front end up and when the wheel came down BAM! That actually hurt my hands. 

Thanks again for building such a great community, whoever you are and I'm buying a premium membership now. I got my $50 worth just reading the past two weeks. I might not have an FJ-09 yet but I'm no cheapskate! 
Welcome, heal up soon. My wife just starting riding again after breaking her fib/tib last December. A looooong recovery to be sure. I love my F-Jay and have had it since December. Lots of mods to do to this bike if you fancy. I like to tinker so I have changed almost everything from suspension to fueling.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Welcome, I've only been here a short time and my new bike just past 300 miles. In my time here I have picked up a few really cool mods and as soon as I can will be doing more. Like you I have been riding a long time on a lot of different bikes but this one is already one of my favorites ever for the reasons you stated above.

2015 Yamaha FJ-09

2015 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail

2015 Polaris Rzr Xp1000

I just saw the pics of the 2016 FJ-09. Same bike, different colors? I hope this means that I can get a better deal on a 2015?
Yep, just diff colors  

I hope this means that I can get a better deal on a 2015?

I bet that is very true. thumbup111.gif

Ty

'05 Bandit 1200s ( Blue and White ) Bandit pic

2015 FJ-09 ( RED ) FJ-09 pic

Archived