finally got some engine gaurds

com3

ended up going with the Givi setup. they were out of stock all over the US for months.  the second they came back in stock, i bought em.  only took about 20 minutes to install.  now i gotta place to mount up some aux lights.  :D  

added about 15lbs to the bike.  it's gonna make it a little harder to wheelie now. haha!

20151203_203757-X3.jpg

Now those look like they would actually protect the engine case on that side. What does the other side look like?

20151215_212147-X2.jpg

the garage is pretty cramped right now with 5 bikes in there...  this is the best i got right now

They look good.  Maybe a little engine hidding, but appear to maybe work good for mounting Lights.  Keep us posted.

Here is comparison with the Higdonion cage with skid plate.  Chris is also producing one with the upper bow to allow light fixture mounting.  Soon to be out and installed.

tcqYx2J.jpg

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• Premium Member
Now those look like they would actually protect the engine case on that side. What does the other side look like?
20151215_212147-X2.jpg 
the garage is pretty cramped right now with 5 bikes in there...  this is the best i got right now
Sweet!  I just ordered a set. 
Anyone want to buy a slightly used set of SW Motech crash bars?  8-)

Archived