Crazy Iron Crash Bar

I tried contacting the vendor a few weeks ago to find out if he was going to be offering these bars again on eBay and I never heard anything back. Did you find a source?

Is back in eBay already.

Before that I managed to contact the vendor, she has mentioned to me that I can order from their website as well. I have tried to by translating Russian to English. Surprisingly i realised direct order is slightly more expensive then through eBay.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Better than nothing, and they would be cool to mount lights on, and road pegs for longer ride options to relax your legs.

I think Higdonian ones are the best made/designed personally, but I have T-Rex ones on my bike. LOL

No skid plate yet, but I keep thinking about it. (Most likely will only do that if I break my oil pan.)

My problem is, I like the T-Rex sliders and side case plastic protectors.
But there is no easy way to mount up a skid plate with them there.

I need to get out the pipe bender, and some cardboard, and just fabricate a simple skid plate/oil pan protector.

I need to get out the pipe bender, and some cardboard, and just fabricate a simple skid plate/oil pan protector.
Cardboard? Really?!
Template.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

How about a crash test? Anyone performed one yet? Any volunteers? ;) 

Sure, as long as you let me use your bike.......
No problem.  My crash design.  At 74mph, lay bike down on left side, stay on bike, stand and ride it like a surfboard.  When bike flips you off, do a front flip, land on your butt and slide to a stop.  Bike must come to rest on top of you.  Why?  Thats the only slide test I know.  Of course, I added some improvements, like riding the moto like a surfboard, but I know you can do it with some practice. :D

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• Premium Member
Sure, as long as you let me use your bike.......
No problem.  My crash design.  At 74mph, lay bike down on left side, stay on bike, stand and ride it like a surfboard.  When bike flips you off, do a front flip, land on your butt and slide to a stop.  Bike must come to rest on top of you.  Why?  Thats the only slide test I know.  Of course, I added some improvements, like riding the moto like a surfboard, but I know you can do it with some practice. :D
Well, my memory isn't so good, but I'll give it a try. Of course you shouldn't be surprised if I miss the turn and end up with your bike in my garage......

Archived