Yet another new windscreen on the market!

ULEWZ

I have fitted a Yamaha tall screen [German make], there 2 small brackets & 2 U type fittings to fit behind main mounting screen. Are these for the MT09 [FZ09] or for Tracer as well? Australia

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
Givi large screen has huge barn door sized protection the most coverage out of any screen out there I think although the large cal sci is probably the next biggest. Totally quiet bubble of still air but it would get hot with no airflow in hot weather like a gold wing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
How do these great looking screens that are wide at the bottom not conflict with the hand guards when you turn?

The screen has a curvature that allows for the hand guard

Wow! You Yanks sure are fast when it comes to delivering goods:)) The package has arrived at my airport just now! Delivery to my doorstep by the end of the day. I can´t wait to put that beautiful windscreen on the bike:)

If i can find the time, (and it stops snowing) I will post a review by the end of the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I ended up with the Givi and I absolutely love this screen. Noise is gone! Even at the low position. I feel a bit of turbulence on top of the helmet when in low position, gone in high. And can still comfortably look over the screen. Can ride with visor open on both settings also. I had tried the CalSci large and was better than stock but still noisy (at higher speeds than OEM).

5'8" 29" inseam.

• 4 weeks later...
I just bought this one (VSteam Clear Tall) also. Will try it on soon. I just recently bought the CalSci Medium and did not like it. I wish I could return it. Its tall enough to fog up my helmet but not tall enough to prevent turbulence on the helmet at high speed. It was much nicer than stock on the streets, but that's not where I need it. On the highway it just did not work. If anyone wants it (Calshi medium), its 2 weeks old and for sale. PM me. Have high hopes for the V-stream. I am 5'9" on a good day.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, put it on and rode with it for a while (Vstream tall touring).  In the lowest position it still buffets but tolerable around town.  In the highest position if I slouch down behind it just a tad on the highway, I do get a quiet air pocket.  No need for earplugs anymore.  Its not the best looking thing, CalSci medium looked much better but of all the options I tried the Vstream tall seems to work.   Function over aesthetics I guess....
RomHdpFtpLunj78B7

AF1QipOw_zyLI4_i_eFi1Kvk9GZQTNU3_tYtYC6QkO6g?key=blQ1amhjZ0dJOHJoTE5DVVJJTmtzNWNsa3JKR3dn

• 2 months later...
I am definitely in need of a new windscreen. How do the brackets for the V-stream attach? If I got both the sport and the touring would swapping back and forth be a hassle?

I'm thinking the sport would be better for most of the riding I do, but might like to try a ginormous screen for very long rides.

Archived