FJ-09 Exhaust Options

grayhawkglen

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's disappointing. I want to keep the center stand. I'm just looking for the sound so spending $750+ is just not justifiable. Arrow is not a bad option but the cost is still almost double what I'd like to spend.

I have the Ixil which a few people have their own thoughts on. I have very little crackle on decel,no fueling issues period. Sound is nasty with no baffles. About $700 shipped,no complaints here and maybe some time I will look into a power commander but really don't need it. I have been told by a few people who are not neighborhood wrench spinners that the ecu in the FZ and FJ are very advanced and unless you modify the air box or filter these bikes will recalibrate with just the exhaust,as mine did.

I have the Ixil which a few people have their own thoughts on. I have very little crackle on decel,no fueling issues period. Sound is nasty with no baffles. About $700 shipped,no complaints here and maybe some time I will look into a power commander but really don't need it. I have been told by a few people who are not neighborhood wrench spinners that the ecu in the FZ and FJ are very advanced and unless you modify the air box or filter these bikes will recalibrate with just the exhaust,as mine did.
Ixil Super Xtreme SX1 
Is this the one you have?

http://www.ixilusa.com/ixil-super-xtreme-sx1-full-exhaust-yamaha-fj-09-2015-2016/#.VuYMvJMrJE4

Did you lose the center stand function, and does it have a catalytic converter? The reason I ask is because I saw an FJ09 with a dual pipe Ixil exhaust on youtube, with the center stand still in tact but the one linked above says it loses functionality, and is a single exit. totally differeent designs between the two

Eventually I will get all your ?? Answered? Yes to the cat and it can be knocked out if you like. I was told some people have done it
Performance doesn't change only makes the bike a bit louder with or without baffles. Clears the center stand nicely.

No, full system only. The Carbon loop doesn't work with the center stand (though its the better exhaust), the Ti does.
So the only slip on options are Graves and M4 and maybe Arrow?
No Graves. The M4 "slipon" requires cutting the cat off and its from the FZ09 application. Full systems are that much more and are less hassle than cutting your stock system.

I've narrowed it down to MIVV, Arrow or M4. I don't think any has a major power advantage over the other. All appear to retain the center stand and reduce weight over stock. Only thing with the m4 slip on is hacking the oem exhaust. That isn't that big a deal though because there's plenty of those floating around for $100 or less.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
And here it is:

[video src=https://youtu.be/XQzvIlDCHRE]

Full stainless Motad exhaust for £350 delivered.  Overall finish is good (not great, could have removed the burring on the inside and a bit scratch on the mid pipe), not stamped but is UK road legal. Fit is excellent, was easy to do (remove the centre stand first), and initial thoughts on sound are very impressive.  Will report back when I've been for a ride...

Archived