FJ-09 Exhaust Options

grayhawkglen

Well my Two Brothers full system finallllllly shipped and I had it installed last week. It was nice to see that 10-11 lb stock system sitting in a box. What a sound out of this exhaust! I neglected to order a suppressor tip TBR offers for my pipe, and without it, way too loud. Like giving me a headache loud even with a helmet and earplugs. After installing the tip, the sound is still amazing but much more reasonable. I may post a YouTube video of the sound, and will post it here..
2015 Yamaha FJ-09
Sold: KTM Super Duke 990, Ducati 1098S, BMW K1200S, HD Fat Boy, HD Road King Classic, Kawasaki KLR 650

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well my Two Brothers full system finallllllly shipped and I had it installed last week. It was nice to see that 10-11 lb stock system sitting in a box. What a sound out of this exhaust! I neglected to order a suppressor tip TBR offers for my pipe, and without it, way too loud. Like giving me a headache loud even with a helmet and earplugs. After installing the tip, the sound is still amazing but much more reasonable. I may post a YouTube video of the sound, and will post it here..

Does it work with the center stand? May I ask about how much the system runs($$)? Can't wait to see (hear) a video.

For years, I always swapped exhausts/slip-ons on every bike I got... it was like a guarantee, something I worked into the price. I've found that some (not all) bikes have a pretty good stock sound, and that loud doesn't always mean better. I'll see how my FJ breaks in, how she sounds an a couple thousand miles, and then I'll decide. But it wouldn't surprise me if I left her stock, at least in this department. :)
s e t h
2015 FJ-09 (The Me Bike) - CalSci, RAM, Shad, Givi, CrampBuster, Grip Puppies, GoPro, my custom Garage Door Opener Mod
2014 Valkyrie (The We Bike) - Too much to list, and no one on this forum cares anyway :)

With the sound reducer tip, how much louder is this exhaust than stock? I don't want headache loud, but I'd like a reasonable increase from stock.  
Also, what's your take on the need to repack every 5000 miles? Seems excessive! In an ideal world, an exhaust would be maintenance free...

• 4 weeks later...
I finalllly received them yesterday. They go on Tuesday. Keep you posted.
So , any thoughts you would care to share on the Two Brothers exhaust . I am at the point where I'm ready to upgrade from stock and having a hard time making a choice . 

I am VERY happy with my choice to go full system and with Two Brothers. The system S1R system looks and sounds great. I had to buy a little Two Brothers suppressor (the P1X) to take the sound down a notch. That stock system was really heavy (I lifted it) and that reported HP gain is particularly noticeable in "A Mode).
Dan Strudwick at Two Brothers was very helpful dan@twobros.com.
http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s600/gmartin66/20150426_092604-1_zpsoxk1dtsm.jpg
http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s600/gmartin66/20150426_092546-1_zpsbqepqt6y.jpg

2015 Yamaha FJ-09
Sold: KTM Super Duke 990, Ducati 1098S, BMW K1200S, HD Fat Boy, HD Road King Classic, Kawasaki KLR 650

I am VERY happy with my choice to go full system and with Two Brothers. The system S1R system looks and sounds great. I had to buy a little Two Brothers suppressor (the P1X) to take the sound down a notch. That stock system was really heavy (I lifted it) and that reported HP gain is particularly noticeable in "A Mode). Dan Strudwick at Two Brothers was very helpful dan@twobros.com.
http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s600/gmartin66/20150426_092604-1_zpsoxk1dtsm.jpg
http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s600/gmartin66/20150426_092546-1_zpsbqepqt6y.jpg

Looking Good Gary! any db data on open vs. muffled? How about weight of the Two Bros. system vs. Stock .... weight savings is ...?

I never really saw a clear answer on whether or not swapping the exhaust without getting a tune would damage the engine. I am curious because i want to get an exhaust in a few months and then flash my ecu over the winter. Also I've herd the Akra titanium is extremely loud with out the db killer, is the carbon Akra the same deal? I want loud but not deafening.

I am VERY happy with my choice to go full system and with Two Brothers. The system S1R system looks and sounds great. I had to buy a little Two Brothers suppressor (the P1X) to take the sound down a notch. That stock system was really heavy (I lifted it) and that reported HP gain is particularly noticeable in "A Mode). Dan Strudwick at Two Brothers was very helpful dan@twobros.com.
Thanks grayhawkglen for your opinion . I ordered the TwoBrothers system and P1X insert this morning from Revzilla , as it just went on sale .

Here in the UK, Yamaha state that if an exhaust doesn't have the cat in, then it will affect the 2 yr warranty.
So I shall wait til the warranty is out before I change my zorst.

I also want to keep my centre stand, so any replacement will have to accommodate that.

I recently installed the Aprokovic full titanium exhaust on my FJ-09. It's not overly loud, bot gives her some growl. It went on with no issues, maybe took an hour while taking my time. Get some new header gaskets from the Yamaha dealer or whoever to make it a fresh install. I love it. Got mine from Revzilla, fast free shipping. Check out their Aprokovic video on revzilla.com also.

Archived