• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Stebel Nautilus Air HORN!!

• Premium Member
Like you (and others), I'm going to install the Denali Split.  In mounting the horn, did you need to use any bracket?  Or did it just mount up to the OEM horn location without the need of any bracket?
Went back to Ace Hardware and got a 90 degree bracket, 3/8s I believe by 2" and bolted it into the hole that the factory horn went to. Then, it slots right on in to the Sound bomb. Be sure you have the hose firmly attached before locating the horn.
Here is my original post on this. Hope it helps.  fj-09.org/thread/323/stebel-nautilus-air-horn The horns mount where the stock horn did, had to fabricate an L bracket (Hillman Corner Brace, 1 1/2", Ace Hardware) to hang them. Used the stock bolt that held the factory horn. I also ran some zip ties through them, just in case. The hose that comes with the kit was short about a foot to locate the compressor under the seat bridge. I also used the "plug-and-play" relay kit from Twisted. Couldn't be more pleased!

Ordered mine today, from Revzilla...got the Denali Split & the Plug-n-Play harness (plus a pair of SW-MOTECH Mirror Wideners). Once everything arrives, I'll see how I can piece it together. Not sure if I'll get/need a bracket, but I think the longer hose & clips might be a smart idea, as I'll probably also install the pump under the seat. Will update (with photos) once installed & tested.

I installed the Fiamm 72112 Freeway blaster. It is a low and Loud! upgrade for $15. It bolts right in place of the OEM useless toot.
Took a look at the specifications on this, per add online ad Two terminal, 12 volt (Max amp draw 6) produces 130 decibels @ 4"
Does anybody know the DB and amp draw of the stock horn?
thanks,

1970 DT-250 / 1972 250MX / 1973 360MX / 1974 250MX & 1974 CZ 400 Red Frame & SC 500 / 1978 YZ 250 / 1979  YZ250 / (2) 1980 YZ 250 / 1986 YZ 490 / 1989 YZ250 WR / 1994 YZ 250 / (2) 2002 YZ 426 / 2007 YZ 450 / 2007 DR 650, 2015 FJ 09 / 2020 YZ 250

• 4 weeks later...
Question, the horn is still activated by the original horn button and you wire in a relay to the battery or a another power source[span] ?[/span]
I don't have the Steibel, rather the Denali SoundBomb Split Dual-Tone Air Horn from Twisted Throttle. http://www.twistedthrottle.com/denali-soundbomb-split-dual-tone-air-horn For an extra $27, you can get the plug-and-play harness with the relay. Great bang for the buck, and allows for remote location of the compressor. Got mine mounted under the seat in the
unusable storage area under the saddle bridge. Horns mount up front for a clear blast pattern.

I can echo peporter on the Soundbomb.  My riding buddies heard it on the open road and have threatened bodily harm if I ever use it in a tunnel.  Amazing to get that much sound from a bike horn.   
Ride Safe

I don't have the Steibel, rather the Denali SoundBomb Split Dual-Tone Air Horn from Twisted Throttle. http://www.twistedthrottle.com/denali-soundbomb-split-dual-tone-air-horn For an extra $27, you can get the plug-and-play harness with the relay. Great bang for the buck, and allows for remote location of the compressor. Got mine mounted under the seat in the
unusable storage area under the saddle bridge. Horns mount up front for a clear blast pattern.

I can echo peporter on the Soundbomb.  My riding buddies heard it on the open road and have threatened bodily harm if I ever use it in a tunnel.  Amazing to get that much sound from a bike horn.   
Ride Safe

The "tunnel threat" probably isn't just because of the volume, but alsi because of the slightly contrasting tones. When my neighbor heard mine, he said it reminded him of a 1960s Cadillac.

• 1 year later...
On 6/18/2018 at 6:19 AM, washufiddyfo said:

@Panther6834 check out this thread for a detailed write up on the install of the split soundbomb.  I ended up redoing mine by bending and drilling out a bracket that came with the bike to tuck it up under the nose.

The link in your post takes me back to the forum home page, can you provide a better route to the thread?

I have a split soundbomb that I have no idea how to mount.

• Premium Member
On 12/26/2019 at 7:35 AM, andz said:

The link in your post takes me back to the forum home page, can you provide a better route to the thread?

I have a split soundbomb that I have no idea how to mount.

Try this one

Guess when the forum changed URLs the internal links died, but the thread is still there and should have everything you need on installing that.  

4 hours ago, washufiddyfo said:

Try this one

Guess when the forum changed URLs the internal links died, but the thread is still there and should have everything you need on installing that.  

Thanks that link works. I will give it a bash!