Stebel Nautilus Air HORN!!

installed the stebel nautilus system...with the plug and play kit it was a 30 minute total procedure.

so easy to install, but mounting the horn was a give and take. removed the stock horn, and mounted the horn with a few heavy duty zip ties to the triple tree. easy and seems sturdy enough,

a few through some loops and holes so it cant fall, but hopefulyl will stay tight.

SO LOUD FOR A MOTORCYCLE HORN... NOT DEPRESSED AT ALL>

Guest eatpasta
heh - I was wondering how long it would take to get a Stebel on one of these bikes. LOVE that horn.

The previous owner of my FJR raved about these "Highway BLASTER" horns he went to great length to have installed....man was I disappointed. dammed thing just sounds like an old Buick.

I want a Stebel!!

• 6 months later...
I've had a Stebel on the last 4 bikes and they're worth every penny. And they're not all that expensive. My wife wants one for her Golf now as the stock horn is pretty wimpy. I see there's a Stebel truck horn available. I thought about it for the bike but it appears almost twice the size of the regular Stebel.

I think the best deal (in Canada) is from motorcycle innovations. They have a website under that name. Owner is a great guy too from the dealings i've had with him.

If I get my FJ, it will be one of the first items to go on - and an Eastern Beaver PC-8 to control it all.

• Premium Member
I've had a Stebel on the last 4 bikes and they're worth every penny. And they're not all that expensive. My wife wants one for her Golf now as the stock horn is pretty wimpy. I see there's a Stebel truck horn available. I thought about it for the bike but it appears almost twice the size of the regular Stebel.  
I think the best deal (in Canada) is from motorcycle innovations. They have a website under that name. Owner is a great guy too from the dealings i've had with him.

If I get my FJ, it will be one of the first items to go on - and an Eastern Beaver PC-8 to control it all.
Big thumbs up on the PC-8, Jim Davis will/is producing a kit for the FJ-09. As far as the Steibel goes, Twisted Throttle has the Denali Sound Bomb. http://www.twistedthrottle.com/denali-soundbomb-split-dual-tone-air-horn Fitted one up on mine while the forks were off....not necessary to install, but very convienent. Went to Ace Hardware and got some 5/16 hose and a dual barb connector to get the compressor back to the under seat location. Works a treat! 3911875.jpg

3911889.jpg  

Hey Reporter - yup Jim is a great guy and produces some excellent kits. All my vstroms have had his PC-8 and then on my FJR as well. Good to know he's planning on making a specific kit for the FJ. I'll have to drop him a line and check availability.

Thanks for the info on the horn too

• Premium Member
Hey Reporter - yup Jim is a great guy and produces some excellent kits. All my vstroms have had his PC-8 and then on my FJR as well. Good to know he's planning on making a specific kit for the FJ. I'll have to drop him a line and check availability.  
Thanks for the info on the horn too
I had one of Jims headlight kits on my DL1000 after I started having problems with it on a trip up to Alaska. The Denali horn kit is just as loud as the Steibel, but allows for mounting the horns separate from the compressor. I went through about a Steibel a year on the DL1000, hope that the remote locating of the compressor fixes that. If not, it will be an easy replacement. 

• Premium Member
Question, the horn is still activated by the original horn button and you wire in a relay to the battery or a another power source[span] ?[/span]
I don't have the Steibel, rather the Denali SoundBomb Split Dual-Tone Air Horn from Twisted Throttle. http://www.twistedthrottle.com/denali-soundbomb-split-dual-tone-air-horn For an extra $27, you can get the plug-and-play harness with the relay. Great bang for the buck, and allows for remote location of the compressor. Got mine mounted under the seat in the
unusable storage area under the saddle bridge. Horns mount up front for a clear blast pattern.

• 3 weeks later...

Big thumbs up on the PC-8, Jim Davis will/is producing a kit for the FJ-09. As far as the Steibel goes, Twisted Throttle has the Denali Sound Bomb. http://www.twistedthrottle.com/denali-soundbomb-split-dual-tone-air-horn Fitted one up on mine while the forks were off....not necessary to install, but very convienent. Went to Ace Hardware and got some 5/16 hose and a dual barb connector to get the compressor back to the under seat location. Works a treat! 

Could you post up some more pictures of the mounting? It looks to be very tight under there!

• Premium Member
Big thumbs up on the PC-8, Jim Davis will/is producing a kit for the FJ-09. As far as the Steibel goes, Twisted Throttle has the Denali Sound Bomb. http://www.twistedthrottle.com/denali-soundbomb-split-dual-tone-air-horn Fitted one up on mine while the forks were off....not necessary to install, but very convienent. Went to Ace Hardware and got some 5/16 hose and a dual barb connector to get the compressor back to the under seat location. Works a treat! 

Could you post up some more pictures of the mounting? It looks to be very tight under there!
Are you referring to the horns or the compressor? Here is a previous post on this :  http://fj-09.org/thread/323/stebel-nautilus-air-horn  The horns mount where the stock horn did, had to fabricate an L bracket (Hillman Corner Brace, 1 1/2", Ace Hardware) to hang them. Used the stock bolt that held the factory horn. I also ran some zip ties through them, just in case. The hose that comes with the kit was short about a foot to locate the compressor under the seat bridge. I also used the "plug-and-play" relay kit from Twisted.  Couldn't be more pleased! 

• Premium Member
I also fitted the Denali Split Soundbomb yesterday. Man it is loud! Despite having the workshop manual I couldn't locate where the horn switch comes back to under the seat, or even if it does, so ran a pair of wires back to the relay that I positioned next to the battery. I also installed the compressor under the seat bridge and was also annoyed to find the hose was too short to run to the horns. I bought some fuel hose from a garden machinery shop close by (which was not cheap!) but at least it allowed me to run the hose along the side of the engine without worrying about the heat.

It's good, I haven't used it in anger yet but imagine it will make babies cry and car alarms go off when I have to.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Hey fjjouster :) , just wondering how the horn is going. Planning on getting a stebel or denali and hoping to mount it in the stock location. Do you have any photos of how yours is mounted and does it interfere with the brake lines at all? Thanks, HR