Stebel Nautilus Air HORN!!

I have my stebel mounted in the stock location and didn't have to extend any wires. I used the wiring harness suggested by Amazon for the install. No interference with any other lines. I ended up modifying the stock mount ever so slightly. IIRC, I had to drill out the oem mount ever so slightly larger to accommodate the oem bolt.

Allow me to add to whatever suncoaster says here - installation of the Stebel Magnum is a straight plug into the two existing spade terminals - no need for additional wiring or whatever. Bolts straight into the existing bracket too.   Just need to ensure the 'horn' points downwards to some extent to minimise entry of water - I accidentally drowned a previous one once when being too liberal with the hose! To my ears it seems to have a two-tone note, deep and penetrating and loud but not offensively so. I refer to it as a mini Mack-truck horn... Definitely cuts through to texting mums on the school-run or harassed business types chatting to their secretaries.   A great buy - only $28 here, much cheaper elsewhere I'm sure.   Whenever I buy a new bike it's the first item I'll install.

Added later - I have the AdvTech's light-bar installed to carry my two front LED Crees.   I've thought briefly about bringing the horn further out to the front of the bike, mounted underneath the light-bar.   Would possibly increase effectiveness even more by being more out in the open instead of buried just in front of the radiator... [em]hmmmmm.[/em]
[em][/em][em]
[/em][em]Wordsmith ('39 model) - Brisbane, Queensland, Australia[/em][em]
[/em][em]http://i.imgur.com/OSD69rv.jpg[/em]

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

@basstodave
I used the low horn.
But changed to the high horn after a couple of weeks as I felt that it had a more penetrating note.

I changed the orientation of mine to point directly down, it's louder when bouncing off the pavement.
At some point I'd like to put both together, but there's no room without another bracket or modding the horn case.

horn_zpspcpxnyxc.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Does anybody have pics of where you mounted the Denali Soundbomb ? I am having a hard time fiding a good spot as close as possible to the OEM horn. I will try to place the compressor under the seat. If pictures would be fantastic !

Thanks in advance

• Premium Member
Does anybody have pics of where you mounted the Denali Soundbomb ? I am having a hard time fiding a good spot as close as possible to the OEM horn. I will try to place the compressor under the seat. If pictures would be fantastic ! 
Thanks in advance
Yep, just a little way down the page. Easy peasy.... http://fj-09.org/thread/323/stebel-nautilus-air-horn%C2%A0

• 1 year later...
I have a Stebel Nautilus on my Fazer and I want to put one on the Tracer but I don't just want to hang it under the triple clamp, is there space in the area in front of the tank? My Fazer's is inside the fairing, invisible but very audible.

• 8 months later...
Big thumbs up on the PC-8, Jim Davis will/is producing a kit for the FJ-09. As far as the Steibel goes, Twisted Throttle has the Denali Sound Bomb. http://www.twistedthrottle.com/denali-soundbomb-split-dual-tone-air-horn Fitted one up on mine while the forks were off....not necessary to install, but very convienent. Went to Ace Hardware and got some 5/16 hose and a dual barb connector to get the compressor back to the under seat location. Works a treat! 

Like you (and others), I'm going to install the Denali Split.  In mounting the horn, did you need to use any bracket?  Or did it just mount up to the OEM horn location without the need of any bracket? 

• Premium Member
Big thumbs up on the PC-8, Jim Davis will/is producing a kit for the FJ-09. As far as the Steibel goes, Twisted Throttle has the Denali Sound Bomb. http://www.twistedthrottle.com/denali-soundbomb-split-dual-tone-air-horn Fitted one up on mine while the forks were off....not necessary to install, but very convienent. Went to Ace Hardware and got some 5/16 hose and a dual barb connector to get the compressor back to the under seat location. Works a treat! 

Like you (and others), I'm going to install the Denali Split.  In mounting the horn, did you need to use any bracket?  Or did it just mount up to the OEM horn location without the need of any bracket?
Went back to Ace Hardware and got a 90 degree bracket, 3/8s I believe by 2" and bolted it into the hole that the factory horn went to. Then, it slots right on in to the Sound bomb. Be sure you have the hose firmly attached before locating the horn.