Vibration from 4500 -5000 PRMs, throttle body sync?

Mine and the 2 others I've ridden all have had the buzz at the same rpm range. I think that it is the nature of the beast. I kind of enjoy the growl and buzz. I doubt that a synch would change it. If mine continues to run as good as it does now at 10,500 miles, it will get no synch check until the valves are checked at 26,000 mi. Same goes for sparkplugs.

Mine and the 2 others I've ridden all have had the buzz at the same rpm range. I think that it is the nature of the beast. I kind of enjoy the growl and buzz. I doubt that a synch would change it. If mine continues to run as good as it does now at 10,500 miles, it will get no synch check until the valves are checked at 26,000 mi. Same goes for sparkplugs.
I appreciate the reply. It's not a deal breaker for sure as my CBRs, VFR and Z1000 were MUCH buzzier at a much wider RPM range. Just wanted to see if the TB sync did, in fact help to mitigate it as I would consider buying a gauge and trying this myself. 

Thanks again
'15 FJ-09 (Red) - DIY OEM Tidy Tail - Updated Oil Pan

• Premium Member
there is a bit of vibration but not horrendous like my 1999 CBR600 that made my right hand & foot go numb.

Solutions: grip puppies absorb some of the buzz plus the larger circumference means a more comfortable grip. Using a throttle lock (or cruise control if you must) on longer journeys allows you to flex your joints to relieve any stiffness induced. Finally, change down a gear to keep the revs above the point where the buzz occurs. You don't use much or any more fuel.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Guest bobh380
Mine buzzes over a wider rpm range.Starts at about 4000 and continues until its too dangerous to take my eyes off the road. .Haven't tried any fixes yet .

Thanks everyone. So it sounds like like I am not alone with the buzz and that the TB sync probably won't help. Will try out some of the mitigating tips suggested.

Robb

• Premium Member
Thanks everyone. So it sounds like like I am not alone with the buzz and that the TB sync probably won't help. Will try out some of the mitigating tips suggested.  
Robb
Mine went away with miles and ECM reflash. Much smoother now.
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

Robb

Was this something you dealer did or something you sent the ECM out for a reflash? Is there a new "Yamaha" software revision?

Thanks

Hi, I just came back from my first road trip-4 days, 1500 miles and also noticed this same vibration.  It isn't that bad and I just assumed it is a characteristic of the engine at that rpm range. I too would be interested in finding out if a reflash of the ECM or whatever would get rid of it.  If not I could easily live with it.

• 3 months later...
Have about 2000 miles on my FJ09 now and it has buzzed in the bars (and footpegs) since new. Handlebar buzz puts my right hand nearly to sleep very quickly. I have a throttle lock for relief, which helps, but this is an annoying issue. Even my 2000 Ducati Monster 900 doesn't buzz like the FJ.

Rubber mounted handlebar?

Robb
Mine went away with miles and ECM reflash. Much smoother now.Who did your reflash?  Besides being smoother, any other noticeable improvements or changes? 
SoCal
2015 FJ-09 Red of course :)

• Premium Member
Who did your reflash?  Besides being smoother, any other noticeable improvements or changes?
https://2wheeldynoworks.com/ 
What's not to like? Removed the speed limiter, defeated the AIS, lowered the radiator fan ON temperature, set the default mode to A. The smoothness alone justifies having it done in my opinion. 
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

I have a throttle lock for relief
Which throttle lock, and what is your opinion of its functionality (and where did you get it and for how much if it is not commonly available)? 
Thx

I picked this one up before the SS1000 and it worked like a charm. Cheap and does the trick. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ERXG4TM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2015 EffJay 09, 2014 F150 Raptor, 2004 WRX STI & 79 Ford Bronco

Archived