is mt-09 tracer exactly the same as the fj-09?

dom77

Hi there, I'm in the process of shopping for a rack for side cases and I'm looking mainly at shad 3p system. I found european seller that would be cheaper for than to get it from shadonline.com (I'm from canada and our dollar is pretty low right now). I'm basically concerned that the part will not fit my fj. Any info appreciated.

thanks

I bought my FJ in Canada (Brampton) and ordered it with the 3P system. It's coming from Yamaha. Yamaha website is showing an incorrect photo for the side case mounting hardware/bracket... and the part numbers on my invoice match the 3P part numbers on the Shad site.
thanks, I asked the seller the question also see what he says... How do you like the cases?  

Hi there, I'm in the process of shopping for a rack for side cases and I'm looking mainly at shad 3p system. I found european seller that would be cheaper for than to get it from shadonline.com (I'm from canada and our dollar is pretty low right now). I'm basically concerned that the part will not fit my fj. Any info appreciated. 
thanks

I had the same issue when ordering the Shad system. I didn't want to order from oversea's because I didn't want to get a random $150 brokering/customs fee. Turns out the prices from Yamaha themselves is pretty decent, I talked to the sales guy i ordered the bike from and I got a bit of a discount.

I ordered the mounts directly from Shad because they offered the free inner bags. But I ended up getting  a $108 brokerage fee when they were delivered....

But to actually answer your question, yes the MT-09 Tracer and the FJ-09 are the same bike.

• Premium Member
But to actually answer your question, yes the MT-09 Tracer and the FJ-09 are the same bike.

mostly the same bike - certainly from a luggage perspective

there are a few nuances: ECU map does not have a top speed restriction on the Tracer in EU; Tracer has clear indicator lenses, pumpkins in N America; Tracer in UK has an immobiliser (keys are coded to the ECU with a passive transponder); Tracer in UK gets Datatag security markers; kph/mph switching on UK tracer; diag setting for CO can be adjusted on Tracer and maybe some more.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

there are a few nuances: ECU map does not have a top speed restriction on the Tracer in EU; Tracer has clear indicator lenses, pumpkins in N America; Tracer in UK has an immobiliser (keys are coded to the ECU with a passive transponder); Tracer in UK gets Datatag security markers; kph/mph switching on UK tracer; diag setting for CO can be adjusted on Tracer and maybe some more.
thanks for the info 

thanks

I had the same issue when ordering the Shad system. I didn't want to order from oversea's because I didn't want to get a random $150 brokering/customs fee. Turns out the prices from Yamaha themselves is pretty decent, I talked to the sales guy i ordered the bike from and I got a bit of a discount. 
I ordered the mounts directly from Shad because they offered the free inner bags. But I ended up getting  a $108 brokerage fee when they were delivered....

thanks for the info

Just bought the side rack, 100$ less than yamaha, we'll see if I get smacked with a huge import charge 

Regarding the soft side cases. I just picked up my new 2015 FJ09 last Tuesday from Cycle Works in Red Deer, Alberta and ordered the Yamaha soft side bags and mounts. Bags seem quite good. The mounting hardware is a combination of metal supports bars, metal brackets and plastic fittings. I think the Yamaha bags and mounts are the same as the SW Motech Blaze bags (http://www.twistedthrottle.ca/shop-by-bike/yamaha/yamaha-fj09-15?product_type=Soft+Saddlebags).

One thing I would be cautious about is overtightening the nuts and bolts that attach the plastic fittings to the metals brackets. Follow the suggested torque values and don't overtighten as you may damage the plastic.

I am posting from my iPhone. On Saturday I posted some pics of the bike and bags on https://www.facebook.com/groups/fz09.org/.

Kelly

Archived