Adjustability of Foot Pegs?

vinnie

Hey Everyone,

I searched to very little avail... just curious if any of you know how to raise the foot pegs a little higher. I am used to riding with my foot over the rear brake and very comfortable. In order to be comfortable on the FJ, my foot wants to be pressing on the brake lever or my heel wants to be higher. 

I thought maybe a foot peg with rubber grip may give me another half an inch, but I think I need more than that. Thanks for any suggestions!

Yes the stock brake lever is adjustable.

By shift lever, do you mean clutch lever? If so, no, not in the way that the brake lever is.

Also regarding your earlier question regarding the foot peg height adjustment, the way you place your foot on the peg is not correct.  You should have your ball of your foot on the peg, not the arch of your foot.  Try it out, and in a week it will feel more natural.

Is the stock brake lever adjustable? I won't have the owners manual or service manual near me for a couple of days. Also, if the stock brake lever is adjustable, is the shift lever also adjustable? Thanks!
Just to make sure everybody is on the same page... the levers are the things on the bars :) 
The brake pedal is adjustable. The brake lever is adjustable. The clutch lever is not adjustable. The shifter is adjustable to an extent by adjusting at the rod or even changing the arm. 

Levers can be replaced by adjustable aftermarket units.

Moving the seat to the higher position, swapping to aftermarket pegs that are adjustable/lower, even footwear choices, are some options for changing the angle of your feet.

I appreciate the clarification. I was using lever for pedal and that was a careless error. Thank you for the response...is there anywhere you would point me to see how to adjust my brake pedal? I can't seem to find it in the service manual, but I do see the shifter pedal adjustment. Makes me wonder why it wouldn't be in there. Thanks!

In the service manual the brake pedal adjustment begins lower right of 3-13.
Thanks for detailing that for me. I checked with the manual...I have a PDF of the FZ09 and it looks like I missed it because it was titled "Adjusting the rear disc brake" 

Archived