My FJ-09 does not like 1000-3000 RPM

Guest bruinfj09guy
If I ever get my ECU flashed, in addition to having the speed-limiter removed, I will have B mode removed and replaced with A+ mode. :D

• Premium Member
If I ever get my ECU flashed, in addition to having the speed-limiter removed, I will have B mode removed and replaced with A+ mode. :D
Sorry, that is not one of the options. Standard mode or A mode, those are your startup options. But, you can make b mode any way you like.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Guest bruinfj09guy
Sorry, that is not one of the options. Standard mode or A mode, those are your startup options. But, you can make b mode any way you like.
Ha. I was actually joking. But it's good to know B mode can be made into a proverbial  "A+" mode :D

I have about 1500 miles on mine since mid March and mine is the same way. Idles fine, runs great going down the highway, puttering around with the engine between 1500-3000 RPM it acts like its missing every now and then making it noticeable at lower speeds. These style of engines are totally new to me since the only thing I've owned is a V-twin 650 so I am not sure if that's normal. This has been a question that has been on my mind as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So folks on the FZ09 forum had experience bad coil pack on 1 of the cylinder giving the symptoms your are experiencing. You could check that out.
I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that my bike won't start in the heat unless I'm on the throttle, and the fact that it randomly shut down during my warmup the other day and threw a CEL...  O_o

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member
I've got the same issue, even on B-mode (albeit better).

Bought the bike used and the original owner put a K&N air filter in it. A guy at the bike shop said they can sometimes restrict air flow at low revs.
Anybody heard of this?

Or do I likely need a throttle body synch, too?

I have about 1500 miles on mine since mid March and mine is the same way. Idles fine, runs great going down the highway, puttering around with the engine between 1500-3000 RPM it acts like its missing every now and then making it noticeable at lower speeds. These style of engines are totally new to me since the only thing I've owned is a V-twin 650 so I am not sure if that's normal. This has been a question that has been on my mind as well.
My 2015 with 2500 miles acts the same way. A miss is how I would describe it when running the engine down to low rpm at low speed. Pretty sure that's not what it is though and just the nature of the beast - runs great at idle and higher speed. The fuel injection while reportedly greatly improved from the 2014 FZ-09 is still a little bit snatchy especially at low engine/bike speeds. Perhaps adjusting the throttle free play would help. Regardless, it isn't really difficult to get used to and I absolutely love this bike.  

• Premium Member
I figure that RPMs below about 2800 are below the usable range of the CP3 engine. So I run it from 2800 to 11,200. That is a pretty wide range. When 1st gear can exceed 60 mph, I don't mind feathering the clutch at 5 mph.

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

Archived