Chopped and repostioned OEM

gwader

Thank you! That helps a ton. I really liked the look of how the OP did it with how the screen angle matches the angle of the bodywork better. But now that I see yours I like that equally as well. Given that I have a Givi mount I can try it both was and see which gives better laminar air flow. I can also try my homemade shorty that I ran last summer.

Hurry up and get here summer!

https://preview.ibb.co/fh7muk/IMG_20160904_193940442.jpg

I cut mine with one of those vibrating tools and a semi circular serrated blade.
It took a while, but was perfect for the job.

Otherwise it was either going to be a hacksaw (too slow and too hard to keep straight) or circular saw with large toothed blade (too fast, chance of screen breakage).

Marked the line using a curve from another screen.
Finished it off with a bastard file and sandpaper, then painted the rear black.

My main aim was to get rid of the horns which I reckon produce vortices and turbulence.

i-vGsqgtg-XL.jpg
i-CM6NCr7-X2.jpg
i-STSPxJg-XL.jpg

I might try this with my ebay double bubble. What kind of tools are we using to cut these up?
Jigsaw, fine blade, base of saw covered with masking-tape to prevent scratching the screen, define cutting-line with more masking-tape.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Archived