Front wheel stand for FJ-09?

Anybody have a front wheel stand that works well to lift the front end? 
I could use a lift underneath the header, but that can't be very good for the header!
Scissor jack and a piece of wood between it and the headers. Won't hurt them, you're not lifting much weight.  
  • Thumbsup 1

Yes Pit Bull triple tree lift if you're going to be using it regularly. The cheaper brands also work, but tend to fail much sooner than Pit Bull products.  Browse your local craigslist, and you'll eventually find someone selling a Pit Bull stand cheaper than retail, and it'll continue to last years and years.

I built an self supporting A frame out of 2X4's and use a motorcycle strap around the handle bars to hold the front end up when removing front wheel/suspension. Use center stand for rear. When I'm done, I unscrew the A frame and stack the parts in a corner of the garage until next time it is needed.

I use a standard Pit Bull front stand that lifts from the bottom of the forks. I remove the ABS sensor before fitting the stand.

I would like a front stand that lifts from the triple tree, but when I need to remove the forks, I either prop up the headers or hang the front of the bike from the overhead joists in the garage.

-- John

I tried using the Pitbull stand that i have used on my last 4 bikes. One of my old pins worked in diameter size, but was hitting the horn. I need to get the right pin that has the correct offset, if that makes sense.
Pitbull staff said the FJ-09 needs their # 4 pin. Not sure if it has correct offset, or the horn needs removal???
FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

• 5 months later...
  • Premium Member
Has anyone used the Venom brand stand? The stand comes with an 18mm pin, but here's a 20mm pin available for use with the FZ/FJ, sold separately. The Trex and Pitbull stands seem awfully pricy for occasional use. I have the bike all prepped to remove the wheel and the suspension, just looking to get a stand.... Venom looks tempting.
I have a Venom stand. It works for super sports (I've used it on an R1 and a SV1000) but it wasn't tall enough for my FZ1. I just used a piece of 4X6 under each side to make it tall enough, and it worked like a charm. I'm assuming I'll have to use those with the FJ as well. I'll find out in a couple of weeks when I remove the forks and send them to Forks by Matt.  If I was a racer and needed to use it daily, or even weekly, I'd probably get a Pitbull so that I didn't have to mess with the pieces of wood. If you are only going to use it once or twice per year, the Venom is all you need.  

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
Have used a set of GPI paddock stands on sport and sport touring bikes. Just bought the FJ09 last Friday, so tried the stands out on the FJ tonight. Used a 20MM pin on the FJ triple tree bearing stem and the stands worked fine lifting both tires off the ground at the same time. The horizontal pin that secures the vertical 20MM pin contacted the horn, so left the pin out that secures the 20MM pin and the front stand worked fine. The 20MM pin has a large enough OD to fit the stand without slipping through the smaller ID  hole in the stand.

IMG_1970_zpsj5sxfkmt.jpg

IMG_1969_zpssawb3glp.jpg

Front adjustable height paddock stand with horizontal pin installed securing vertical 20mm pin. In this photo
the 20MM larger step cannot be seen that prevents the pin from slipping through the stand hole with the horizontal
pin removed.

IMG_1968_zpsppoht14n.jpg

Paddock stand with FJ front wheel in the air, without horizontal pin securing 20MM pin. If the horizontal pin is left installed, it will contact the horn:

IMG_1965_zpswhykxyh9.jpg

Used the rear stand without spool lift:

IMG_1971_zpsqmkgfbwc.jpg

IMG_1964_zpsp3zzlobd.jpg

• 3 years later...

Can you repost photos as I'm interested in the GPI triple tree stand and would like to see that it can lift the bike without using blocks of wood.  The pin is 19 mm (loose fit) or 20 mm (tight fit).   If the group knows which brands of triple tree stands will work with the Tracer without blocks of wood that would be appreciated.

Edited by dundee