MT-09 Tracer (Euro) Yamaha Accessories

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member
Anyone in USA find a way to source these accessories? Interested in the steel tail rack.
Good luck with that - we can't get them in Europe. Everything is on backorder. I ordered my bike in February and still no Yamaha accessories are available (luggage & heated grips). 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Are you serious Wessie? My dealer has the grips and luggage in now. I ordered my Tracer in February too. Didn't have them when I picked up the bike but they will be fitted tuesday when it goes in for it's first service. They also had the steel luggage racks in. I know another owner who got the grips and luggage a little while ago, same dealer (he must have been one of the first to order there).

Oh and the soft bags and brackets are made by SW Motech. Think it's the Quick Lock Evo. I'm hoping the brackets will be compatible with other hard cases. SW Motech have said they will be releasing luggage in october for the tracer. I'm guessing it'll be similar if not the same as the yamaha branded stuff. They sell some decent looking black aluminium cases that might suit.

• Premium Member
Yes. Very serious. Heated grips are promised for July. Luggage has been "next week" for 2 months.

SW Motech have the rails available in Europe at least. http://www.moto24.co.uk/hepco-and-becker-lock-it-pannier-rack-yamaha-mt-09-tracer-2015.html

@adieefc has ordered them but Moto24 messed up the order, sending 2 left Xtreme panniers with that kit.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
Are you serious Wessie? My dealer has the grips and luggage in now. I ordered my Tracer in February too. Didn't have them when I picked up the bike but they will be fitted tuesday when it goes in for it's first service. They also had the steel luggage racks in. I know another owner who got the grips and luggage a little while ago, same dealer (he must have been one of the first to order there).  
Oh and the soft bags and brackets are made by SW Motech. Think it's the Quick Lock Evo. I'm hoping the brackets will be compatible with other hard cases. SW Motech have said they will be releasing luggage in october for the tracer. I'm guessing it'll be similar if not the same as the yamaha branded stuff. They sell some decent looking black aluminium cases that might suit.
Who is your dealer please Cobby? I am getting seriously pissed off. I paid for my grips and luggage in March, no sign of it yet.

Yes. Very serious. Heated grips are promised for July. Luggage has been "next week" for 2 months. 
SW Motech have the rails available in Europe at least. http://www.moto24.co.uk/hepco-and-becker-lock-it-pannier-rack-yamaha-mt-09-tracer-2015.html

@adieefc has ordered them but Moto24 messed up the order, sending 2 left Xtreme panniers with that kit.

my dealer said July for the heated grips. I'd have killed for them yesterday.

• Premium Member
Well, got my first service done. Turns out there was a miscommunication and they still don't have the heated grips, or even a date for them. I have however got the panniers fitted now. 
Well done, all I get from Laguna is aggravation. On Friday the salesperson's answer was "do you want me to pull it from thin air?". I responded. Politely. After which he sent me an email copying the sales manager and promising he would get back to me. Nothing.

Wow that's annoying. I can understand its not their fault but there's no need to be rude. Might be worth contacting alfords. They said to me today that they seem to be trickling through now. Not sure if that means they're more readily available.
There doesn't seem to be any other option than to wait it out

• Premium Member
Wow that's annoying. I can understand its not their fault but there's no need to be rude. Might be worth contacting alfords. They said to me today that they seem to be trickling through now. Not sure if that means they're more readily available. There doesn't seem to be any other option than to wait it out
I actually did call them on Friday. The guy checked and said they had nothing. I assume they reserve them for their customers who ordered with their bikes. The thing is I have already paid for my panniers and grips at Laguna.

Fair enough. You could always get a refund if you sourced them elsewhere.
Alfords said they had a load on order. But almost every tracer buyer has asked for grips! They said they had ordered stock though, as well as enough for the bikes that they'd sold

I contacted my dealer today about buying the fog lights from  yamaha-according to his contact at yamaha, theres none in stock and no ETA for any more to come in !!   :-/

Archived