• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Deals Gap

hobo

IMG_1997.jpgIMG_1998.jpgIMG_2005.jpgIMG_3448.jpg

i had a great ride up on the Blue Ridge Parkway with a group from the FZ1 forum guys. Awesome roads and perfect weather (September). I threw in a couple of pics of my custom paint FJ09 with bags and then with fiberglass seat cowl I made, plus a pic with my Evel Knievel streettracker. I can hardly wait for spring and more trips up to 'the gap'

The story on the numbers on the helmet and bike goes like this! A REALLY good friend saw how I painted the bike and then went out and bought an Arai Colin Edwards Laguna Seca replica helmet and sent it to me. Colin's number was '5' and so I added the '5' to the bike to compliment the helmet.

That looks fantastic paint job. Very nice.  ...and Colin Edwards is a fantastically 'bloody good bloke' I like him (even if he is from the colonies). 

What's the tail piece?  I'll like that too.
Honda SS50, Kawasaki Z200, Honda 400/4, Yamaha TDM900, Yamaha XT660Z Tenere, KTM 990 Adventure, BMW R1200GS, Mr Stevens, and my favourite of all: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer...a bit like FJ-09 only properly named :¬P

Ditto, I kinda liked Barry Sheene even if he was a 'limy'.

I took the seat base off another rear seat, pillion, and used clay to model the new cowl. I hand carved the clay to mimic the raised 'hump' in the gas tank. Then laid Fiberglass to make the shell. Removed the clay and added several more layers of fiberglass. Sanded and painted to match the rest of it. I put a soft bag on the original seat and can now switch between bag/cowl in seconds. It works really well.

Ditto, I kinda liked Barry Sheene even if he was a 'limy'.  
I took the seat base off another rear seat, pillion, and used clay to model the new cowl. I hand carved the clay to mimic the raised 'hump' in the gas tank. Then laid Fiberglass to make the shell. Removed the clay and added several more layers of fiberglass. Sanded and painted to match the rest of it. I put a soft bag on the original seat and can now switch between bag/cowl in seconds. It works really well.
brilliant!

Ha ha Barry Sheene..wow brings back memories...I used to ride my moped (50cc) to Brands Hatch to watch him race...130 mile round trip at 25mph. That was, what 1977!
Honda SS50, Kawasaki Z200, Honda 400/4, Yamaha TDM900, Yamaha XT660Z Tenere, KTM 990 Adventure, BMW R1200GS, Mr Stevens, and my favourite of all: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer...a bit like FJ-09 only properly named :¬P

Wow, that's some dedication. I'm sure it was worth the ride to see Sheene in person. I have some great memories of seeing some amazing racers in the 70' also. I was in London a few weeks ago and tried to find some Sheene memorabilia. I was sure I would at least find some t-shirts, but nothing. Kid at the bike shop didn't even know who BS was.

Wow, that's some dedication. I'm sure it was worth the ride to see Sheene in person. I have some great memories of seeing some amazing racers in the 70' also. I was in London a few weeks ago and tried to find some Sheene memorabilia. I was sure I would at least find some t-shirts, but nothing. Kid at the bike shop didn't even know who BS was.
Good for you!...I think the most endearing (off track) thing was the hole drilled in the front of his full face helmet so he could have a fag cigarette when kitted up just before he raced  :D

+1 on that amazing paint job! It's just plain perfect--the colors, the proportions, the design & layout--all just right. In ten years when Yamaha gets ready to upgrade our favorite bike, they'll offer one just like this to commemorate the line!

Archived