FJR saddle bags

Any year FJR bag will fit, the mounting points are all the same. All you need is bracket kit #2PP-F84G0-V0-00 and a pair of FJR bags. (and locks/keys if buying new bags) With diligent searching you can find used FJR bags to save a lot of money.

The brackets (very stout) weigh 9 lbs, the FJR bags 21 lbs. Plan accordingly.
Keep Asheville weird!

• Premium Member
The brackets cited by BentAero (2PP-F84G0-V0-00) are the stock ones.  They fit, but you might need to do a little filing on the sliding lock tabs to get smooth engagement.
Nope, no filing on mine. Works perfectly.
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

I used saddlebags off my 2005 FJR1300A  and had to remove ~ 1 mm off the tab on both sides, down 12-14mm. They absolutely would not latch in place without doing so. And the fit is snug.

Looking at the layout just now, I realize that with the Yamaha trunk rack mounted, it's mounting tabs sit between the frame and saddlebag mounts,  moving the saddlebag mounts out from the centerline enough to require filing the saddlebag tabs. 

[/url] DSCN0798.jpg

DSCN0037.jpg

DSCN0040_A.jpg

• Premium Member
I used saddlebags off my 2005 FJR1300A  and had to remove ~ 1 mm off the tab on both sides, down 12-14mm. They absolutely would not latch in place without doing so. And the fit is snug.    

Interesting as mine is the same setup, yet I didn't have to file anything. I guess we can simply deduce that 2005 was the year of the "Fat Tabs" on FJR luggage.

Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

Interesting as mine is the same setup, yet I didn't have to file anything. I guess we can simply deduce that 2005 was the year of the "Fat Tabs" on FJR luggage.

I put the 07 FJR bags on, tight but no problem.  I put the 05 FJR bags on, tight but no problem.  I put the 08 FJR ES bags on, tight but not problem.  I also put 14 FJR bags on they fit.  They are all the same. 
Good luck in finding a good used set, they are out there.  I just completed finding two sets, one 05 set to replace the left bag on my 05 FJR taken off by a deer.  They cost $290 w/o locks shipped and were in very good condition.  Also purchased a couple months ago a set of 08 FJR ES Dark metalic grey bags for $450 with locks shipped that were in verygood condition and are now on the 2015 red FJ.  Ea set had one bag in excellent condition, like new, and one bag in very good  condition only showing usual wear marks and scratches unnoticeable if you weren't looking for flaws.  Look on the FJR Forum also, you might get lucky there.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

TDM 900 cases are the same as the FJR too - if you want to look out for those too on eBay or wherever.
Honda SS50, Kawasaki Z200, Honda 400/4, Yamaha TDM900, Yamaha XT660Z Tenere, KTM 990 Adventure, BMW R1200GS, Mr Stevens, and my favourite of all: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer...a bit like FJ-09 only properly named :¬P

Archived