New Member from West Virginia

wvvstar

Hello fellow FJ-09 owners. I picked up my (2015) FJ-09 in late Fall this year. So late I really did not get the chance to ride it much. I typically commute to work on my bike (weather permitting) but this year I gave that up once the deer start moving a lot and the commute was all pre-dawn. Just not worth the risk.
Been riding motorcycles forever and my enthusiasm and enjoyment has never diminished. I traded my Yamaha Bolt for the FJ at my local Yamaha shop...great bunch of guys whom I've done business with (probably WAY TOO MUCH) for years. Currently have 4 bikes in the garage: the FJ-09, a 2009 Roadstar Midnight Special, a 1997 YZ250 2-stroke and a 2001 Honda XR400.
I'm not a constant follower on forums but do like them for sharing information and knowledge.  Not sure yet what all this forum offers as I am new today and haven't looked around a lot yet, but I have enjoyed the Roadstar forum for years for selling or buying accessories, parts, etc. that either I have tired of, or others have tired of.   
I've already learned about the SW-Motech skid plate use from the XSR900...ordered one today so a big thank you to the forum for that! 
Ron    

• Premium Member
Welcome to the forum. Where abouts in WVA?

I grew up in Grafton WVA. Not far from WVU.....

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Welcome,
New here also.
Just casting about for my next ride. the OH-NINE is one that caught my eye.
I had a most enjoyable ride through WV on US 50 on my way home from DC / Gettysburg. It truly is a beautiful state. I stopped at an ice cream shop and spent two hours talking with the owner and the counter help. Great country, Great people. It is on my ride list to return sometime.
Jim

• Premium Member
Welcome,New here also.
Just casting about for my next ride. the OH-NINE is one that caught my eye.
I had a most enjoyable ride through WV on US 50 on my way home from DC / Gettysburg. It truly is a beautiful state. I stopped at an ice cream shop and spent two hours talking with the owner and the counter help. Great country, Great people. It is on my ride list to return sometime.
Jim
Sounds like "Cool Springs" 
http://www.tourpreston.com/2013/09/17/cool-springs-park/

Cool_springs.jpg

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Thanks to all for the welcome comments. You are right...WV does offer a LOT of great riding. Kind of spoiled here...5 mins from the house and I can be riding the twisties.

Yep it sounds like Cool Springs Park at the bottom of Cheat Mountain. Sad thing about that...the place burned down several years ago and they rebuilt the place (as seen in the above picture)...just doesn't have the "mountain" charm the place had before.

BTW...if anyone needing tires for the FJ-09 I ordered a set of Dunlop Roadsmart II (with the varying compound) from Chaparral Racing yesterday for a fantastic price. $186 shipped for both front and rear. Cheaper than MSRP for the rear alone.

Bring on Spring! I miss riding!

Ron
Oh by the way, I'm in Parkersburg on the western part of the state on the Ohio River...Grafton about 80 miles or more east on Rt 50.

Archived