New Member from Western NY

rich309

Thanks for adding me to the Forum. Since I am new to the Forum I'll be cruising around the threads to see what is going on as far as news, mods, fixes, etc. I just purchased a new 2016 FJ-09 about a week ago. I have owned Triumphs for the last 17 years and figured it was time for a change. Before that I had a number of Yamahas and Hondas. I'm not a young gun anymore and was looking for something light, quick and fun. We'll see how it goes.

• Premium Member
Welcome aboard, glad to have you join us. You will love your bike, it's a blast.....

Lot's of good information about how to customize on the board, just poke around a bit and get started.

Thanks for adding me to the Forum. Since I am new to the Forum I'll be cruising around the threads to see what is going on as far as news, mods, fixes, etc. I just purchased a new 2016 FJ-09 about a week ago. I have owned Triumphs for the last 17 years and figured it was time for a change. Before that I had a number of Yamahas and Hondas. I'm not a young gun anymore and was looking for something light, quick and fun. We'll see how it goes.
Hey neighbor, what part of Western NY are you from? Maybe we can meet up and do a few rides when the weather gets a little warmer.  
-Bill
2016 FJ09

• Supporting Member
was looking for something light, quick and fun.
That was my criteria as well when I was shopping for bikes, I also wanted something comfortable for long distance trips.  I went for a ride with my brother yesterday and we swapped bikes several times over the course of the day.  We rode a loop with long fast sweepers and some tighter twisties with varying elevation changes up to the snow line.  He was always commenting on the bike being "deceptively fast" and "easy and comfortable to ride fast."   And once we got up to higher elevations and the temperature plunged, he LOVED the factory heated grips. Depending on your weight and riding style, the stock suspension is "surprisingly adequate".  There is always room for improvement if you are far outside of the ideal spring rate target or are extremely sporty type rider, but for average commuting or touring it is fine stock.  And that comes from someone who normally hates most stock suspensions.  YMMV. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Archived