Earplug insertion

• Premium Member
This may not be threadworthy, but i want to share my satisfaction with my recent conversion to the proper method (pulling the ear up while inserting the earplug). It really does get it in deeper. Don't know why I didn't start sooner.

IBA Member #59800

3 Nations Brewing Mug Club #100

• Premium Member
This may not be threadworthy, but i want to share my satisfaction with my recent conversion to the proper method (pulling the ear up while inserting the earplug). It really does get it in deeper. Don't know why I didn't start sooner.
As a guy that wears earplugs every night (wife snores like a trucker), this is what I do. Plus I use the tip of my finger and cork screw it in (rotate my finger while pushing the ear plug in). 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
This may not be threadworthy, but i want to share my satisfaction with my recent conversion to the proper method... It really does get it in deeper.
Must... resist...

TWSS!!

Dangit.

To be completely anatomically correct, you should grab the top of your ear and pull it up and rearwards. The ear canal is S shaped, so this combined movement straightens it out fully.

Deeper for your full enjoyment keithu.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Premium Member
I use flanged silicone earplugs that are less fussy and also last longer. Subjectively that are approx as effective...maybe more effective at low frequencies and less at high? Anyway, I can recommend, and I'll post a link if anyone wants.

After years of using the foam versions of plugs, I was given a pair of these silicone type ones at a NASCAR race while walking the pits. My only thought was how much better they were and how perfect they'd be for riding. I just ditched the little blue cord and have been using these for over 2 years now, and will never ever go back to foam. These are reusable (I wash mine off every other week or so) and mold perfectly to your ear shape. HIGHLY recommended!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LH0UI54/

Archived