Tail Tidy that works with saddlebags?

Has anyone found and installed a fender eliminator/tail tidy that works with saddlebags without having to completely relocate the turn signals?

I like the looks of the Motodynamics unit, but it puts the turn signals right where the saddlebags go.

I'm not against going with different signals and/or relocating, but I don't want to start hacking on the bike until I have something that I know will work.

Okay, I'll be the first to admit I'm old, and stuck in the 50's when it comes to pricing, but $116 for four steel brackets and a handful of hardware? I'd be shocked if they have $10 per unit invested.

• Premium Member
Okay, I'll be the first to admit I'm old, and stuck in the 50's when it comes to pricing, but $116 for four steel brackets and a handful of hardware? I'd be shocked if they have $10 per unit invested.

Yep it was expensive. It's well made and comes with a plate light. But it is pricy. eBay has some similar with signals for much cheaper.

Let’s go Brandon

Wisdom comes with age they say....but, for only $116 you can remove stuff from your bike, and hide your turn signals so no one can see them from behind your cases... and you don't think this is a good deal? :P

A small price to pay for looking cool. ? That said, I have the Yoshimura kit and I like it a lot but I had the dealer throw it in with the bike. Easy install.

phpaul, what type of saddlebags are you using, soft or hard, aftermarket or Yamaha? 
I was looking at this TailTidy but waiting until I get my bike out of storage to see if it will work if I decide to keep turn signals near the plate.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331506510415?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I have a cheapo set of soft bags with a home-engineered mount, as shown here.

• Premium Member
My turn signals can be seen. They're quite bright. As far as wisdom goes, it's not like I ride in blue jeans and tennis shoes.

Let’s go Brandon

• Premium Member
My turn signals can be seen. They're quite bright. As far as wisdom goes, it's not like I ride in blue jeans and tennis shoes.
...touche... got me at my moment of weakness, and although I wasn't quite the armour-clad moto jock on that day, these were riding jeans and riding shoes... and I'm not old, so plenty of learning to be done :P . Still think that tail tidy is a bit like smoking your brake light lens, in this case that is. Not a popular opinion perhaps.

To each his own.

Let’s go Brandon

Still think that tail tidy is a bit like smoking your brake light lens, in this case that is. Not a popular opinion perhaps.
I actually had asked MotoDynamics a few weeks ago about the brightness of their LED  combo taillight/turn signal that is available with either a clear or smoked lens and they say they are of equal brightness. I've been debating to use a MotoDymanics taillight with or without the stock turn signals, and install a tail tidy as another issue of visibility may arise with using a top case, which I will use more (for commuting) than the saddlebags.
Thinking of swapping out the orange lenses to clear and using amber bulbs also.

I actually had asked MotoDynamics a few weeks ago about the brightness of their LED  combo taillight/turn signal that is available with either a clear or smoked lens and they say they are of equal brightness. I've been debating to use a MotoDymanics taillight with or without the stock turn signals, and install a tail tidy as another issue of visibility may arise with using a top case, which I will use more (for commuting) than the saddlebags.
Thinking of swapping out the orange lenses to clear and using amber bulbs also.

The motodynamics tail light is VERY bright (brake light and signals). Their flush mount turn signals are plenty bright enough form the side, but not very noticeable from the front.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

... it's the side view visibility that's the issue for me with the side cases (Shad SH36 in my case)...
I agree that it's important to be visible, but my main concern is people behind me (in terms of rear signals). My front turn signals are visible from the side and towards the rear.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
Has anyone found clear lenses for the stock indicators, I know they come standard on the euro bikes but the only one's I can find are on ebay out of China and they don't look correct.
BLB

Has anyone found clear lenses for the stock indicators, I know they come standard on the euro bikes but the only one's I can find are on ebay out of China and they don't look correct.
I ordered some of those, not sure how long it will take to get them but I'll see how they fit/work once in hand. It was less expensive to order the complete turn signal assembly than just clear lenses! 
At $8 for a pair, figured it's worth trying & get rid of the "pumpkins" :)

Archived