Front turn signal options

I'm debating between the Yamaha turn signals part number YME-W0789-20 or the turn signals off of the Super Tenere has anyone installed the front LED turn signals from the Super Tenere on the FJ? or do you recommend the YME-W0789-20

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I picked up a set of Tenere signals for ~$58 each and some Yamaha connectors from Custom LED for a couple bucks. I haven't done the install yet, but it should be simple and the signals will look great on the bike. Should be able to get them on this weekend.

Your pictures, of both the bike and the install, were what pushed me over the edge to the Tenere signals.  Thanks for posting!

Glad to help. Just a couple things to make clear, like I said, not plug and play but with a little time and solder and no fear of clipping your stock lights, not a big deal.
The lights are very bright and look great IMHO. I think you'll like them.

Honestly it's something Yamaha should have just done factory after going to LED headlights and tail lights. It couldn't cost them but a few more dollars more.

• 2 weeks later...
Man, I really need to get around to doing this, the Yamaha LEDs look just right. Does anyone have the part numbers for the Tenere signals?

Are the front and rears separate part numbers? (I would presume to use the running lights, they'd have to be.)

The fronts and rears are different parts.
Front Right: 2BS-83320-10-00
Front Left: 2BS-83310-10-00

Rear Right: 2BS-83340-10-00
Rear Left: 2BS-83330-10-00

Also note that these use different connectors that the FJ, so you'll either need to cut your stock signals, or get some connectors from someplace like Custom LED. One other interesting thing is that these appeared to have integrated resistors, rather than just having an LED capable flasher relay.

Thank you! I totally remember looking these up before, but lost the part numbers. The fronts are around $60, the rears are $80 - what the heck.

In any case, I'll probably stick to using the resistors if I can find a place to put them. I recall there being concerns about "burning them out" (overvolting) when just using a relay.

• 4 weeks later...
@raggededge , @hailwood Finally got my Tenere signals in the mail, can either of your guys help me out with the wiring?  

I got connectors from Custom LED so I don't have to cut up the stock signals.
Tenere signal has green, red, and black wires.  
Custom LED connectors have red, white, and black in the following configuration:

Akbg5kj.jpg

So I believe both sides have black and red. One side has green and the other blue if I recall correctly. What you have to figure out is which wire is the running lite and which one is the flasher both on the bike loom and the new signal. A multi meter and a couple of wires helps this. Black is the common (negative).
Sorry that's all I remember.

Ok I did some digging and it looks like on the Custom LED connector, red would be running light and white would be the blinker.

The Tenere signals do indeed both have red and black and then green for one side and blue on the other. I'm pretty sure the green/blue are the blinker, because these are the lines that the resistors are on. So the red must be running light.

Archived