Front turn signal options

• Supporting Member
Based on your recommendation and an FZ forum I bought a pair from Tripageled for an FZ. They have a thin,  short post to attach them to the FZ but it will never work with our bikes. 
1. Do yours actually fit in the slot the original signals used or do they sit on top? 

2. How do yours attach to the fairing?

Thanks.

PS - they are crazy bright  

20180403_093528.jpg

20180403_093555.jpg

20180403_093607.jpg

20180403_093630.jpg

By the look of your photos, you are trying to install them with the power cable on the outside instead of running it through the hole?

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No diss, but I cannot help wondering if these are gonna be visible enough.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Proton 500. They are plug and play including a third wire for running lights, are bright as the sun, and have programmable blink patterns. The only thing I'm not a huge fan of is they are white when not on vs the smoke or black of others. It's a small price to pay for having bright flush mounts that don't sacrifice visibility. 

http://www.hightechspeed.com/products/Proton500/proton.html

Based on your recommendation and an FZ forum I bought a pair from Tripageled for an FZ. They have a thin,  short post to attach them to the FZ but it will never work with our bikes. 
1. Do yours actually fit in the slot the original signals used or do they sit on top? 

2. How do yours attach to the fairing?

Thanks.

PS - they are crazy bright  

20180403_093528.jpg

20180403_093555.jpg

20180403_093607.jpg

20180403_093630.jpg

They do fit in the recess in the faring with room to spare. They have a threaded stud and big washer on the back that grabs the the backside of the faring and holds them in place.

No diss, but I cannot help wondering if these are gonna be visible enough.

From the side they are definitely more visible than stock. At night visibility frommthe front is huge due to the amount of light these things throw, but during the day I'd say you do lose a slight bit. I have the turn signals mounted on the hardguards to make up for the lack of visibility from the front.

'15 FJ-09 with an aftermarket parts addiction

• Premium Member
I’ve got some of the flush mount style and they are absolutely more visible from the side. From the front, maybe not but the headlight is what gets folks attention then. You can see them flash from the front when I’m signaling.

Let’s go Brandon

• Premium Member
They do fit in the recess in the faring with room to spare. They have a threaded stud and big washer on the back that grabs the the backside of the faring and holds them in place

Thanks. The ones sent to me definitely do not fit and have a small washer. Just need to get the right size.

By the look of your photos, you are trying to install them with the power cable on the outside instead of running it through the hole?
Just let the wires hang to show the fit problem. They don't fit like the truck454 says his do.

• Premium Member
Seller figured out that he sent the wrong part - Protons but for a different bike. We're swapping them out.

EDIT: Installed the right parts today.  Installed without any problems.  I'm trying different left/right flash patterns to try to make the hazard lights stand out.

Archived