• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Support the forum, get a killer shirt in return! Limited tme

It's probably on how I'm using it but I'll try to explain my issues with it. Up front though I find the usability of the desktop and the mobile version to be fine. No issues at all with the functionality of the site.

What I don't like is the large margins on each side of the page. If it filled the entire screen like the mobile version does it wouldn't mess with my head as much I don't think. The other thing is likely my fault. I have my PC hooked up to my TV in the living room. In order for me to read the text I have to enlarge it to around 170%. The issue with browsing threads like that with the page enlarged is when scrolling down the drop down menu from the top blocks almost half the page. I can't see pictures without scrolling up and down and I never really get the entire picture in view because of that drop down menu. It honestly is so bad that like I said, I only use the site on my phone.

On the mobile version you have an option to switch to desktop, but if there is an option in the desktop version to switch to mobile I haven't found it.

Not that I'm complaining. I really appreciate having this resource. It's just a little frustrating on the desktop.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, the TV display is the cause of your issue with the margins. Here is a screenshot of my laptop.

80% of our daily users use a regular computer monitor hooked up to a computer, 19.99% use mobile/tablet.

Its pretty close to that on my 25" screen too. This forum is responsive, but not for a tv screen hooked up to a computer.

The Version 6 update will be 100% responsive for computer monitors and smartphones/tablets. But I doubt it will be responsive for tv displays. Maybe, but I seriously doubt it.

Do you have trouble reading the text on a normal desktop monitor? Or is it only when using your tv and probably sitting further away?

If text is too small for some of you, on desktop monitors, I can enlarge that a little bit. Let me know!

Thanks to all who have ordered shirts and mugs! Wow, huge response this order we have already sold more than the last round. I guess that mass email really helped!

The all in front and womens cut campaigns end tonight, but will relaunch right away.

The front and back shirts and the hoodies have another 9 days left to the campaign.

Also big thanks to those who sent in a Paypal donation! It's already paid for this months hosting and management fees to the support team. Thank you!!

teespring.com/stores/fj-09-forum-store

Well, the TV display is the cause of your issue with the margins. Here is a screenshot of my laptop. 
80% of our daily users use a regular computer monitor hooked up to a computer, 19.99% use mobile/tablet.

Its pretty close to that on my 25" screen too. This forum is responsive, but not for a tv screen hooked up to a computer.

The Version 6 update will be 100% responsive for computer monitors and smartphones/tablets. But I doubt it will be responsive for tv displays. Maybe, but I seriously doubt it.

Do you have trouble reading the text on a normal desktop monitor? Or is it only when using your tv and probably sitting further away?

If text is too small for some of you, on desktop monitors, I can enlarge that a little bit. Let me know!

No, it's fine on the laptop. It's just due to the TV. I do wish I could minimize that drop down menu though. Really it's fine as I'm on the phone mostly anyway.

Shirt order incoming.

"Just when I thought I was out....they pull me back in...." 
Mugs ordered! I bow before the FJ-09 product overlords.

Thanks for your support! Enjoy the Coffee mugs! They make a great conversation piece at work.

And a warning on the shirts to everyone. People will walk up to you and ask "you have an FJ-09? Is it a good bike"?

@Cruizin

I have been gone for quite a while but saw the shirt email. I just ordered 4 shirts and a coffee mug. Adding up all of the free tech info i have learned here, you have saved me over $2,000 in mechanics fees by being able to learn how to work on my fj09 by myself by reading this forum.

The shirt orders are the least I could do to repay the forum. Besides, my wife has a thing for hoodies. ;)

Everyone who has learned something on his forum and especially those who have sold something on this forum, open your wallets and help the forum out. And hopefully Cruizin gets to keep a few bucks leftover for himself, he deserves it. 

Ok back to cave 

Picked up a couple shirts and a mug. :D
'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights
'19 Husky fe501 - cut off a few things and fixed the fueling

• Premium Member
Received my T-Shirt today. Took a ride on my FJ09 and wore the T-shirt proudly... Life is good.... :-) Thanks for a great Forum!
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

Ok, the shirt campaign ended yesterday, Teespring is printing the shirts and will send us all an email when they ship! Thanks to all who supported the forum by buying a shirt and also to those who donated!

I hope you all enjoy your shirts and mugs! I'll get some new shirt designs and run another campaign later in the year!

Archived