Shorter shift lever adjustment rod?

dawnseekr

Hey guys,

Do you know if there is a shorter rod available for the shift lever, OEM or not? I've adjusted it to the highest position but I still find that it's a bit tight especially with thicker ADV-style boots, perhaps because I replaced the stock footpegs with the MT-09 Adventure Pegs (OEM).  I'd want to set it slightly higher.

2015 FJ-09 Matte Grey (Sold!)

I ride in Forma Adventure boots, have the same footpegs and find there is loads of room and still more adjustment possible in the rod. I wonder if it's just my foot position that works okay for me.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

I did adjust it already but I'm at the max right now. The only way to raise it further would be (I think) a shorter rod.
Did you remove the upper linkage off the splined shift shaft? Then rotate the linkage 1 spline and push it back on the shift shaft. john

• Supporting Member
Yes, if you move that part up it will raise the shift lever up. As mentioned before, try 1 spline at a time.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Did you remove the upper linkage off the splined shift shaft? Then rotate the linkage 1 spline and push it back on the shift shaft. john

You mean rotating this part? 

IMG_2747.jpg

Yes sir. john

There should be a little pin punch dot opposite of the pinch bolt...that lines up with the line across the spline shafts as factory default location...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

There should be a little pin punch dot opposite of the pinch bolt...that lines up with the line across the spline shafts as factory default location...

Ah! That was the problem. I aligned it and now everything is perfect for the bigger boots! I guess the previous owner (I bought it used) adjusted it to his liking and it wasn't set back by the dealer. I'm happy now! Thanks for your help all. I love this forum :)
2015 FJ-09 Matte Grey (Sold!)

Archived