New suspension on 2017 FZ09 but not FJ

• Supporting Member
Ditching the crap Dunlops that came on the bike made a huge difference in front end feel. Next I lowered the front 5mm. Those two changes have made a world of difference,
I haven't swapped out the OEM rubber yet but that is next. I agree, lowering the front (raising the forks) made a nice change. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

You just have to loosen the bolts in the triple clamps that hold the fork tubes and slide them up slightly. It's a bit tricky as they're under spring tension if the bike is on the wheels. It's easier with a front end stand that holds the bike from the steering neck.

Edit:  piotrek beat me to it while I was typing. ;)

• Supporting Member
How much work effort involves with lowering the front for someone with two left hands? Thx
It is easy, did that twice already while experimenting with things: 
[ul type=disc][*]Loosen the pinch bolt and wheel axle (~10mm) just so it begins to have some play (wobble) side-side[/ul]

I will argue until my dying day that that step is not necessary.  I have made this adjustment many times on many different bikes and have never had to loosen anything except the upper fork pinch bolts.  If the axle nut stays tight there is no possible way that the front end can get out of alignment with the wheel/forks/caliper, you aren't changing anything laterally.  I have always done this on the center stand or in the case of my dirt bikes while they were on a lift stand.  If you loosen and adjust one side at a time the other side will support the bike.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Archived