• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

I lost 6th gear in my transmission

I wonder if the shift shafts recall was performed on your bike.. they should *not* have sold it without performing the recall first, but ya never know. Keep us updated on what you find.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Supporting Member
@nathaniel - I am really sorry to hear that happened to your FJ. I haven't heard of major transmission issues with the Yamaha triples, so hopefully it's an isolated incident that they will repair quickly for you under warranty. Good luck and keep us posted on what you find.

Good luck man! Hope it's an easy fix, or they just replace the bike since it's so new. An extended warranty offer by Yamaha at the minimum, since that grinding noise might mean you had lots of metal put into your oil, that's been pumped around the engine...

• 1 month later...
I got it fixed they said the clutch was out of adjustment I've rode bikes since I was very young I never had that problem before but I guess I'll have to believe them anyway it's running good I'm enjoying the bike again
Good to hear the bike is back in action but they say the problem was caused by the clutch being out of adjustment?  

• Premium Member
I got it fixed they said the clutch was out of adjustment I've rode bikes since I was very young I never had that problem before but I guess I'll have to believe them anyway it's running good I'm enjoying the bike again
That sounds like We F'd up, but don't want to admit it, so we will give you some lame excuse for why it happened and hope you won't ask questions and go away........... 
But I'm glad you got it fixed, and didn't experience anything too bad in the process.

Archived