Dampers on eBay

I have one. The mount design is terrible. Absolutely no help from the seller in anyway. I spent endless hours re-engineering the mounts, the fit, the tolerances and so on to make it work. The damper unit is a Scott's clone. I used a Scott's manual to set the adjustments in the ballpark and adjusted from there. I would not do this again!!!!
john

• Supporting Member
Have you tried getting your suspension set up correctly? When I got my new bike, I was a little concerned with the light feeling on the front or a slight wobble. I raised the forks 10mm in the clamps, putting more weight bias on the front and ordered a Penske shock. I dont have the light front end feeling anymore.
If the bike isn't set up correctly for your weight, then the steering damper is just a band-aid fix.
I wouldn't trust the Chinese copy being sold on Ebay, the real Scotts/Ohlins version is about $500.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

When I just recently shortened my license plate holder by removing the extension... I have not experienced any light front end feeling at speeds well above posted limits yet (knocks on wood)

As for stock suspension a 200# suited rider is pushing the limits... If your above 200# some correct front springs/oil and setup will be a cheaper option then just plunking $500 down for something that will or will not solve your problem... Im 180# suited up, I can post my settings in the AM when I get outta work
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

From what I have read on this forum, guys have been able to fix wobble problems without steering damper. In my opinion, having front end to high at speeds (too much rear chassis pitch) is most common cause of high speed wobbles. Once your front end gets too light from holding on the throttle, a lot of other little things can cause wobbles.

• Premium Member
200...LOL... I haven't seen 200 in 20 years. I have no wobble problems. Sounds like you need to eat a sammich and your problem will solve itself.

Let’s go Brandon

Archived