Officially Joining the Fold

Tusk

Greetings from Harford County Maryland (just northeast of Baltimore). I picked up a 2015 a few weeks ago. I saw the ad on Craigslist (drooled) and thought "It won't last long.".... a week later it's still there....by then, my wife sprained her ankle and I was running around playing care giver and nurse. So, again, I waited. About a week later I couldn't stand it. I contacted the seller. He was about to pull the ad because no one contacted him about the bike!
Fast forward about a week and the bike is in my driveway! A bunch of obstacles fell away and made the transaction possible. The biggest one was he was willing to deliver! So he got a last ride. Super nice guy. He and his wife are looking to have another child and he wanted to get rid of the payment.

The bike is now at the local Dealer awaiting the handlebar riser recall post tire installation and State Inspection. Side Note: The DMV/MVA is now emailing safety inspection certs now it seems. I'm not sure if that's weird or it's about time! The CCT needs to be done as well, but the Dealer tells me the part is back ordered at Yamaha. It won't be until August until that part is in. Thankfully it's not a safety issue (the CCT) and he can release the bike to me.

I've got a stack of papers and a check book just waiting to hit the closest Tag and Title shop on Tuesday to get a tag so I can ride it asap!

This may be a replacement for my 2007 FJR. The FJR is great. The weight is getting to me however. And since the FJ can handle the FJR bags (extra set already purchased) I'll have the same capacity for trips. Just a little less weather protection.

I also have an 88 Honda Hawk GT. My first bike, bought new in 1989. I just can't get rid of the Hawk!
We just purchased a 2014 Honda CTX700 DCT to replace my wife's Vulcan750 last fall. The DCT is pretty cool! I love riding it... yet, I keep telling myself I wouldn't want it as my main bike.

I'll post a pic if requested, but I THINK everyone here knows what an FJ-09 looks like.  ;) It's a matte black/gray with the Yamaha top box added so far.

Welcome to the forum, nice story! Glad you got the bike, now go enjoy it.......
Oh I will. Tomorrow I will get the license tag. THEN I have to wait until the handlebar recall is done. The Dealer won't release the bike until that is completed.  ??? 

• Premium Member
Welcome to the forum, nice story! Glad you got the bike, now go enjoy it.......
Oh I will. Tomorrow I will get the license tag. THEN I have to wait until the handlebar recall is done. The Dealer won't release the bike until that is completed.  ???
Unless the dealer doesn't have the parts, it's less than 30 minutes work, you might check to see if he has the parts in stock, or if not, when he will!

Parts were not in stock David. So I had to wait about a week. But alas the day has come! After work today I will be picking up my FJ with TAG (and registration and insurance card) in hand!

I may get lost on the way home due to over excitement!

Parts were not in stock David. So I had to wait about a week. But alas the day has come! After work today I will be picking up my FJ with TAG (and registration and insurance card) in hand! 
While I definitely encourage getting lost on the way home, don't get too lost. Proper break-in procedure is a must!  

'15 FJ09

While I definitely encourage getting lost on the way home, don't get too lost. Proper break-in procedure is a must! 
Understood koth. The bike has 3000 miles on it so I think I'm good. The last newish bike I purchased was over 25 years ago. I rolled my HawkGT off the showroom floor in 1989 new. But yes, not too lost. A busy weekend and semi-mobile wife will keep me from any long rides any time soon.   

Understood koth. The bike has 3000 miles on it so I think I'm good. The last newish bike I purchased was over 25 years ago. I rolled my HawkGT off the showroom floor in 1989 new. But yes, not too lost. A busy weekend and semi-mobile wife will keep me from any long rides any time soon. 
Ah, yes. You're good then! Enjoy!

'15 FJ09

• Premium Member
Congrats, and I highly encourage getting lost!  
It's good for the soul

Archived