Bluetooth Thread

• Premium Member
I used an Autocom Active 7 (wired setup) on my ST1100 until last year. Now using Sena 20s. Bluetooth works well with Samsung Galaxy S6 and Chinavasion 5in GPS. I prefer using earphones (Skull Candy) to the included speakers; blocks out some wind noise.

I bought a pair of the Senas and the intercom works well. Have only once messed with group connecting. Seems to work well with other Sena units, but hit or miss with other brands.

I would recommend the Sena 20s if you are looking to go wireless.

• Premium Member
Love my Sena 20S. Listen to tunes with it from my Smartphone. Picks up phone calls and map directions just fine.Impressed with battery life. Current downside... Sena hasn't come out with a bluetooth interface as of yet for the new GoPro Hero 5 Black. Sena has a bluetooth backpack for the older GoPro Hero 3 & 4. Sena has their own Prism camera system so I don't know if they'll even develop an interface for the new Go Pro series?
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

Sena 10U for Shoei Neotec.

No complaints with the headset itself and I really appreciate not having a visible module on the helmet.

The remote control is a little too fiddly though. It has this wobbly joystick that doesn't provide good feedback through gloves. They're coming out with a new remote which has buttons only, but it's $90 which is some major bull excrement.

• 2 weeks later...
I have the sena smh-5fm.   I think it's the best for the money unless you really need all the features of the more expensive units.  I can link to my Iphone and GPS.  I can listen to the radio as well.  I can connect to up to 3 riders.  It does not have the distance of the other units but it works well enough even in the mountains.   I can get about 7 hours on a charge.  I have two units so if one runs out I can just switch it out.  Hard to beat for the price (119.00 for a single unit) .

[a href=https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sena-smh5-fm-bluetooth-headset]link[/a]

Archived