Bluetooth Thread

I would like to hear about what Bluetooth device everyone is using ? I'm on my first smartphone and I thought it would be cool to use it for , music on long runs , GPS . Not sure if I'll be answering the phone while riding, I can just picture my daughters asking me where the scotch tape is while I'm leaned over.... Anyway I would love to hear opinions , I see one brand at Cycle gear Sena that has a lot of different models , I'm not even sure that's a good brand... Thanks

• Premium Member
I use the Sena 20S, and have had good luck with it. I mostly use it to listen to music, although I do get notification of phone calls as well. (I just choose not to answer them) You can also use it for phone outbound calling by tapping the unit twice and saying "Call Home" which let's me notify my wife I'm going to be late since I found a new road that needs exploring.

I'm happy riding with it!

I've got Sena 10S and like it a lot.
Combined with TomTom 400, Samsung J5.

Listen to FMradio, MP3 or Spotify.
Talking to friends while riding.
I can Call or be called, don't like that i don't call in the car either.

I use the Sena 20S, and have had good luck with it. I mostly use it to listen to music, although I do get notification of phone calls as well. (I just choose not to answer them) You can also use it for phone outbound calling by tapping the unit twice and saying "Call Home" which let's me notify my wife I'm going to be late since I found a new road that needs exploring. 
so the sound is good ?

so the sound is good ?
Not great, unit works great but I find the speakers a bit thin 

• Premium Member
so the sound is good ?
Sound is very good, my wife can't tell I'm on the bike - and I can hear her perfectly. Although if she tells me I need to get back home, I may tell her there is too much static to hear her.........

I have a SENA 20s too.. I can vouch for the fact that whatever software they use works extremely well. My wife or whoever calls me has no idea I'm on the bike. Even at highway speeds.

Mine is paired to a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 all I do is hit the phone button on the SENA and it brings up the voice command prompt on my phone so I can tell it to open apps, navigate, or call someone.

I had a hard time spending the money on it (they are not cheap) but now that I have one, I don't know how I went without one for so long.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

I had a hard time spending the money on it (they are not cheap) but now that I have one, I don't know how I went without one for so long.
Sums it up about perfectly
Same here. I have the S20; most people I spoke on the phone during a ride had no idea I was on the go. The music really helps when on the long boring freeway rides.

Sena 10R here. Works well with my iPhone, though Siri is hit or miss (but that's always true). Sound is a LOT better when using earplugs opposed to without. I've only had it paired with two other people, but allegedly I could pair it with three. I just like being able to listen to music and get audio cues from google maps. Taken and made a few phone calls and no complaints on either end of the line.

I use the scala rider PACKTALK. use the Bluetooth with iphone for gps and phone calls (not when riding) and music (80s Rock is the best), works well and works really good if other riders have DMC too. Also has voice activated features but not always that great when i cough or swear and it thinks i am talking to it plus it dont understand my silly kiwi accent very well, apart from that works a treat and would buy it again.

I have the aldi one, can't compare it to any other Bluetooth set as it's the first one i have bought, only bought it as it was very cheap compared to others iv'e seen advertised, i only use it occasionally with a GPS, i don't listen to music when riding, it synced with my phone but i haven't actually used it to make or receive a call as i turn my phone off when riding.

I actually went to aldi to check out their motorcycle jeans, didn't get the jeans but the Bluetooth headset was £40 i think, and is perfectly adequate for the use i need.         

I use Cardo Louis Special Edition bought from Germany. 140 EUR. Rider to rider intercom, Voice control- answering, speed dial (one number), connection with phone for music, tone adjustment for surrounding noise.
Using it on SHOEI NXR or in USA RF1200.

Archived